Office Depot

www.officedepot.com
  www.officedepot.com
There are newer employer reviews for Office Depot

I love my job on a day to day basis.

Current Employee - Account Manager in Indianapolis, IN
Current Employee - Account Manager in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Office Depot

Pros

My immediate boss is the best resaon. He makes or breaks the job. And the flexibility. I have a home office and can work at my laptop at 10 am on a Sunday if I want. My customers are the best. It is a lottery ticket every time I walk into a business in my hometown - a chance to make a new customer and/or a new friend. I have learned a great deal about how a large company operates, previous to this position, I had never worked for such a large institution. It is great to sell something every company buys - it makes them all a target.

Cons

Right now things are not good and I am hoping that they are on the upswing. I am told by those who have been around much longer that the pendulem swings both ways and now it is WAY to the bad. Upper management seems to be interested in tracking activity levels instead of productivity. My boss and his seem to have had their ability to make the decisions taken away from them - they do not get to run this market - it is run out of the corporate office. My bonus and goals are chosen out of thin air it seems - no way to track if they are correct. Morale is very bad and I am sicki of hearing everyone crab.....

Let the District Manager and regional Manager run the market - that is what you pay them for. Bring support services back into the US. Regardless of how much money you are saving - you are losing customers. Stop with making my boss' bonus categories different from mine - are you nuts? Look at what worked in the past and do it again, quit reinventing the wheel.

1492 Other Employee Reviews for Office Depot (View Most Recent)

Morale sucks!

I have been working at Office Depot

Pros

There are alot of really great people within the rank and file. But there is no guidance from upper management. Therefore we work in silos. There is very little interaction between divisions. No one knows or cares what the other is doing or what their strategic initiatives are.

Cons

Moral is terrible. There is no clear leadership from the very top. I have a long tenure with the company and have never seen this level of dissatisfaction. There has been change and alot of it over the years. The company leadership has no clue right now how to lead the company forward. And the board of directors is stale and also part of the problem.

Wake Up!

Easy to Cut... Harder to Grow

I have been working at Office Depot

Pros

Office Depot is a great place to work if you are relatively new to corporate America. You will be allowed to participate in a variety of groups within the company.

Cons

Horrible leadership, miserable moral and lack of professional development.

Managers need to change their paradigm regarding what a "successful business" is, success is a businesses ability to make money, not save money. Cutting resources and cutting jobs doesn't equal "growth". I am unable to service my internal and external clients because of the bone deep cuts our senior management has insisted upon. I can point to 3 separate occasions where we have lost over $100K in revenue because I was unable to do something for a customer that I had previously been able to do, thanks to outsourcing or lack of staff.

There are newer employer reviews for Office Depot