Office Depot

www.officedepot.com
There are newer employer reviews for Office Depot

Morale sucks!

I have been working at Office Depot

Pros

There are alot of really great people within the rank and file. But there is no guidance from upper management. Therefore we work in silos. There is very little interaction between divisions. No one knows or cares what the other is doing or what their strategic initiatives are.

Cons

Moral is terrible. There is no clear leadership from the very top. I have a long tenure with the company and have never seen this level of dissatisfaction. There has been change and alot of it over the years. The company leadership has no clue right now how to lead the company forward. And the board of directors is stale and also part of the problem.

Wake Up!

1513 Other Employee Reviews for Office Depot (View Most Recent)

Easy to Cut... Harder to Grow

I have been working at Office Depot

Pros

Office Depot is a great place to work if you are relatively new to corporate America. You will be allowed to participate in a variety of groups within the company.

Cons

Horrible leadership, miserable moral and lack of professional development.

Managers need to change their paradigm regarding what a "successful business" is, success is a businesses ability to make money, not save money. Cutting resources and cutting jobs doesn't equal "growth". I am unable to service my internal and external clients because of the bone deep cuts our senior management has insisted upon. I can point to 3 separate occasions where we have lost over $100K in revenue because I was unable to do something for a customer that I had previously been able to do, thanks to outsourcing or lack of staff.

Executive Committe needs to go.

Former Employee - Director in Delray Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Director in Delray Beach, FL

I worked at Office Depot

Pros

there are a lot of great minds at the sales rep level and middle management. The sales reps and customer service staff are dedictaed to supporting the customer.

Cons

Executive level has no clue. The executive committee has a "shared leadership" culture. This simply means that they cannot make decisions. This also allows them to point fingers at their own committee members when decsions are not made. Decisons are only made when the executive committee votes "UNANIMOUSLY" on a project. Any fortune 100 company that I worked for, a decison was made on a "CONSENSUS".

Office Depot has lost millions in revenue and profit over the last 15 months. Their market cap has fallen substantially. If a sales rep was at this level of performance, he/she would be fired. My advice, the board needs to fire the entire executive committee, including the CEO.

There are newer employer reviews for Office Depot