Office of Financial Regulation - Florida

www.flofr.com
  www.flofr.com
There are newer employer reviews for Office of Financial Regulation - Florida

Great Job, but very bad pay.

Current Employee - Examiner/Analyst in West Palm Beach, FL
Current Employee - Examiner/Analyst in West Palm Beach, FL

I have been working at Office of Financial Regulation - Florida

Pros

Great Benefits. Great investment plan. You get 9% of your salary after a year of tenure. The people are a joy to work with. Very up-beat.

Cons

The pay is awful. Probably a time warp. I think that people in Talahassee think that it costs the same to live there as in Palm Beach or Miami. Florida is the worst state for pay in the nation. The legislature has not given a pay raise to employees in 5 years. With the current slump, they are probably looking to cut pay further. Most people are trying to have part time jobs to keep afloat. Most people who work here live with their parents or have no children. Who could afford it.

If it was not for the pay, this job is ideal. High end work, but too bad we have to eat and pay rent.

Management has not been a good advocate to the legislature. This organization is self funded and when the economy turns around you will find yourselves with alot less employees. You will than have to hire contract workers to do your jobs or give it up. You have a golden goose here, but I wonder if anyone in the legislature realizes this. As I said before we do not have a good advocate explaining this to the legislature. Maybe the new commissioner will be better.

4 Other Employee Reviews for Office of Financial Regulation - Florida (View Most Recent)

Bank Examiner Financial Analyst I

Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Tallahassee, FL
    Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Tallahassee, FL

I have been working at Office of Financial Regulation - Florida

Pros

Great medicare benefits
    Great Resume Filler
    Great Learning Experience
    Travel

Cons

Pay! Only 32 grand, no matter educational attainment.

Overal good job, just need to pay examiners more. 40-45 grand would be more than enough to keep turnover rates beyond 1 year.

It was good learning experience.

I have been working at Office of Financial Regulation - Florida full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits are good a the senior levels

Cons

Staff levels are too small for the amount of the work required and the priorities keep changing.

Stop playing policitics and demanding so much of the staff

There are newer employer reviews for Office of Financial Regulation - Florida