Office of the Governor of the State of California

gov.ca.gov
  gov.ca.gov
There are newer employer reviews for Office of the Governor of the State of California

EASY TO GET IN--HARD TO GET OUT--OR UP

Current Employee - Manager I  in  Sacramento, CA
Current Employee - Manager I in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Office of the Governor of the State of California

Pros

benefits, training, variety, job security

Cons

If you end up with mangement that are good ol' boys, you are not likely to get promoted if you don't fit in.

listen to your staff

9 Other Employee Reviews for Office of the Governor of the State of California (View Most Recent)

Current Employee - IT Manager  in  Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - IT Manager in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Office of the Governor of the State of California

Pros

Great first line management. Good training if there is time do to under staffing we often miss training opportunities . Good benefits. Opportunities are there but you must be aggressive. Fortunately I am happy with where i currently am.

Cons

Not enough backup in positions. Budget problems. Lack of information that could effect you job or employment. Dress code for employees that work as labor should allow for jeans and tee shirt. We are required to set up and move computers. We have to work in Communication closet and run network cables yet have to wear slacks and collard shirts while performing thies duties

Keep workers informed of passable decisions that might effect the job. Allow employees in on the decision making process.

Could be a nice place to work, but unions and management create a distrust amoung themselfs.

Current Employee - Info. Systems Analyst
    Current Employee - Info. Systems Analyst

I have been working at Office of the Governor of the State of California

Pros

Job Security, benefits and Pension

Cons

Hard to advance. Wages vary among departments for the same Job. larger departments paymore and then smaller departments. Smaller departments payless, for doing the same job as in a larger department and with less support and training. Larger means more important.

Remove the exam process or centralize it with resources, you already have the interview and probationary period.

Worked for Office of the Governor of the State of California? Contribute to the Community!