Office of the Governor of the State of California

gov.ca.gov

Great place to work if come in senior enough

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Sacramento, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Pros

The California Governor's Office offers nearly unfettered global access to information, people, and businesses relevant to the functioning of the State's government. You'll get comprehensive benefits and work with very well connected individuals who can help further your career interests. There are few other jobs in which you can see the results of your work on the front page of the LA Times the next morning. Very rewarding.

Cons

During my time in the Governor's Office, I only saw a handful of people earn promotions within the Administration. It was much more common to fill vacant senior positions from other branches of government or the private sector. This limited the mobility of the staff and led to a large amount of turnover.

The Governor has accomplished some truly historic initiatives during his time in office, and I would work diligently to ensure that the policies put in place are continued into the next administration, especially as involves environmental legislation. Also would appoint a replacement for Chief Justice Ron George before the next governor comes into office.

Other reviews for Office of the Governor of the State of California

EASY TO GET IN--HARD TO GET OUT--OR UP

Current Employee - Manager I  in  Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Manager I in Sacramento, CA

Pros

benefits, training, variety, job security

Cons

If you end up with mangement that are good ol' boys, you are not likely to get promoted if you don't fit in.

listen to your staff

Current Employee - IT Manager  in  Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - IT Manager in Sacramento, CA

Pros

Great first line management. Good training if there is time do to under staffing we often miss training opportunities . Good benefits. Opportunities are there but you must be aggressive. Fortunately I am happy with where i currently am.

Cons

Not enough backup in positions. Budget problems. Lack of information that could effect you job or employment. Dress code for employees that work as labor should allow for jeans and tee shirt. We are required to set up and move computers. We have to work in Communication closet and run network cables yet have to wear slacks and collard shirts while performing thies duties

Keep workers informed of passable decisions that might effect the job. Allow employees in on the decision making process.

There are newer employer reviews for Office of the Governor of the State of California.

Worked for Office of the Governor of the State of California? Contribute to the Community!