Office of the Governor of the State of California

gov.ca.gov
Unclaimed Profile
There are newer employer reviews for Office of the Governor of the State of California

Great experience working in a professional setting.

I worked at Office of the Governor of the State of California

Pros

Able to work with a very diverse group, many different departments, great benefits, and superb events.

Cons

Very few room for growth, budgets cuts, most if not all employees gets cut after the governor's four year term ends.

reviews filtered by
  1. Great place to work if come in senior enough

I worked at Office of the Governor of the State of California

Pros

The California Governor's Office offers nearly unfettered global access to information, people, and businesses relevant to the functioning of the State's government. You'll get comprehensive benefits and work with very well connected individuals who can help further your career interests. There are few other jobs in which you can see the results of your work on the front page of the LA Times the next morning. Very rewarding.

Cons

During my time in the Governor's Office, I only saw a handful of people earn promotions within the Administration. It was much more common to fill vacant senior positions from other branches of government or the private sector. This limited the mobility of the staff and led to a large amount of turnover.

The Governor has accomplished some truly historic initiatives during his time in office, and I would work diligently to ensure that the policies put in place are continued into the next administration, especially as involves environmental legislation. Also would appoint a replacement for Chief Justice Ron George before the next governor comes into office.

2. EASY TO GET IN--HARD TO GET OUT--OR UP

Current Employee - Manager I in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Manager I in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Office of the Governor of the State of California

Pros

benefits, training, variety, job security

Cons

If you end up with mangement that are good ol' boys, you are not likely to get promoted if you don't fit in.

listen to your staff