OfficeMax
www.officemax.com Naperville, IL 5000+ Employees

Tedious tasks, forced to push "MaxAssurance" that was a waste of money for consumers.

Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee)
Scottsdale, AZ

ProsGain inside knowledge of technology and software used across multiple industries. It also allowed for relatively easy advancement within the company.

ConsMinimal pay, forced to push insurance plans on products that it wasn't really worth in the first place. Expected to meet unrealistic goals for sales of the indurance.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more entry-level employee friendly. The decisions/actions you have taken in the past were not in the employee's best interest.

An easy job with little stress, few perks.

Impress Associate (Former Employee)
    Medina, OH

I worked at OfficeMax

Pros: The job itself was an easy one and I was able to learn how to use a variety of office equipment and computer programs while… Cons: There were few opportunities to move up within the company and the few times I saw people advance, their salaries didn't increase by very much.… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

It was okay as long as you could sale maxassurance:D

Sales Associate (Former Employee)
    Destin, FL

I worked at OfficeMax

Pros: -pay was pretty decent for sales associate -a lot of hours -good… Cons: -favoritism was probably the biggest issue -promotions based on seniority rather… Advice to Senior Management: Better communication and training on the tech side Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on OfficeMax.

Worked for OfficeMax? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at OfficeMax reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for OfficeMax CEO Roland Smith. All reviews posted anonymously by OfficeMax employees.