OfficeMax
www.officemax.com Naperville, IL 5000+ Employees

pretty chill

ImPress Associate (Former Employee)
Miami, FL

I worked at OfficeMax

ProsImPress was very chill for the most part, unless you worked late afternoons when people came out of work. I worked in two different stores in different areas of Miami. One was out in the suburbs and had a lot of rush hour business, but nothing during the morning. The other store was just as busy in the morning as the afternoon, but not weekends (it was in a business district). You get to learn a lot about the printing business, and you are given a lot of responsibility to maintain the department during your shift by yourself. Add to the plate the experience of handling personalized customer service, and a whole ton of knowledge on printing process and technology (if you're smart). Scheduling was ridiculously flexible (I never had a time when I couldn't take a day off for something). A pretty good entry level.

ConsPay wasn't very good (25 cents more than minimum wage), and you needed to maintain the department alone, even during high traffic times. Promotion wasn't very common. The print center itself was fairly outdated. In one of the stores we also needed to maintain and handle ink refills, which I thought was dumb.

Advice to Senior ManagementI had some pretty decent supervisors, although the department supervisor wasn't exactly the friendliest. Just maintain a little more professionalism, and offer a bit more feedback on performance.

terrible company

Cashier (Former Employee)
Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at OfficeMax part-time for more than 3 years

Pros: managers are inept so they were easy to manipulate and… Cons: low pay, long hours, menial stupis tasks Advice to Senior Management: at least the one near me closed No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

poorly run company

Distribution Center Supervisor (Current Employee)
Itasca, IL

I have been working at OfficeMax

Pros: the starting pay is ok when get hired but after that its downhill… Cons: officemax has been mismanaged for yrs , poor leadership for the top ,they implement new programs that cost atleast six figures in cost that fail… Advice to Senior Management: restructure the business model and stop spending money like a fortune 500 company. upper management get alot of perks but don't have the performance to… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on OfficeMax.

Worked for OfficeMax? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at OfficeMax reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for OfficeMax CEO Roland Smith. All reviews posted anonymously by OfficeMax employees.