OfficeMax

There are newer employer reviews for OfficeMax

The Max

Current Employee - Human Resources Manager in Naperville, IL
Current Employee - Human Resources Manager in Naperville, IL

I have been working at OfficeMax full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Diversity, excellent benefits, good enviroment

Cons

Not very open to employees moving to different departments. Departments not working together as a team.

1071 Other Employee Reviews for OfficeMax (View Most Recent)

Great team to work with

Current Employee - Impress Associate in Leominster, MA
    Current Employee - Impress Associate in Leominster, MA

I have been working at OfficeMax part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Our Officemax in Leominster, MA competing within 1 mile of Staples, a native Massachusetts corporation, presents itself with more modesty and creativity to compete. The team is smaller, personable, upbeat and creative. If you don't mind the high maintenance and low volume (retail) experience, it's a great place to work. Our Impress department offers a wider array of DTP services, a customer can walk in and get business cards designed and printed while they wait for under $50.

Cons

Irregular and inconsistent hours, no full time schedules available, high turnover, and therefore little training for new staff. Pay starts at minimum wage.

Related to my department, Impress, outside sales reps would help considerably in reducing the smaller jobs (that take as much time to set up as larger jobs), and mandating 24 hour turn arounds for any design work would reduce the chaos and increase product quality.

Was one of the best retail jobs i had

Former Employee - Technology Specialist in Chattanooga, TN
    Former Employee - Technology Specialist in Chattanooga, TN

I worked at OfficeMax full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

friendly staff, only one major holiday and that was "back To School!!", inventory bonus $500 or more if store did good, Sprint cell phone for $15 a month, discount on Sprint phone, $10 for every Sprint phone you sold, Max-assurance gave a 10% spiff, descent pay

Cons

could not vacation during inventory week(coincided with Spring break for me), even though Christmas wasn't as busy as other retailers but you still couldn't take that week off, not that many stores so moving up was hard, plus you had a dingbat District Manager that use to work for Dollar Tree and did not understand the business of office supper store.

Team meetings early Sat mornings once a month before store opened even of you where off or worked later that day and closed night before

Ad Tags, their has to be a better way to do add tags and Pull tags, if Pull tags didn't have a price that had to be changed daily so that we where low price leader then you could save a ton of money

There are newer employer reviews for OfficeMax