OfficeMax
www.officemax.com Naperville, IL 5000+ Employees

Stereotypical retail experience.

Sales Associate-cashier (Former Employee)
Atlanta, GA

I worked at OfficeMax part-time for less than a year

ProsIf you get along with management and your fellow co-workers (which I fortunately did) it's not a bad place to work. Fairly flexible scheduling, the opportunity to play with the latest tech toys, and (especially handy if you're in school) a decent employee discount.

ConsYou're expected to push products and warranties that you know are useless. They also have a habit of running vaguely worded promotions which can lead irate and confused customers that believe you're trying to rip them off.

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove the copy on the promotions so there's no way the general public can misunderstand them. Also the employee incentive program could use tweaking-warranties are not an easy sell in their current package.

At times, it's very fulfilling and extremely frustrating.

Store Associate (Former Employee)
Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at OfficeMax part-time for more than a year

Pros: Friendly staff and management, and a fun retail experience. Cons: Odd corporate decisions... extremely odd. Advice to Senior Management: Please review your safety decisions regarding the warehouse at store… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Marketing Specialist

Senior Marketing Specialist (Current Employee)
Naperville, IL

I have been working at OfficeMax full-time for less than a year

Pros: Large company, lots of room to grow, Cons: No work life balance, slow to change Advice to Senior Management: Need to grow teams before adding initiatives Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on OfficeMax.

Worked for OfficeMax? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at OfficeMax reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for OfficeMax CEO Roland Smith. All reviews posted anonymously by OfficeMax employees.