OfficeMax

www.officemax.com
  www.officemax.com
There are newer employer reviews for OfficeMax

Nice people but not very good pay.

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Pittsburgh, PA
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at OfficeMax part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Flexibile and fun. I love the people I work with. One of the nicest jobs i've had. Always training on new stuff.

Cons

Even if you are well qualified you have to sell the max insurances to get anywhere. This leaves some of the store managers as great salesmen or women but terrible at running a store. Not that great of pay and even if you work in the morning and task you will not get a raise without the sales.

Start at better pay and more consistancy. Instead of someone getting hired at minimum wage and someone else getting hired at almost eight dollars.

1055 Other Employee Reviews for OfficeMax (View Most Recent)

Crappy all around

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Toledo, OH
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Toledo, OH

I worked at OfficeMax part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The coworkers can be good people, and there are times the job can just be fun.

Cons

The pay is horrific, the hours are crappy, management is pushy, and if a member of the management just does not like you, get ready to be fired. Oh. And the shipping company likes to rig the trucks, so get ready to have a pallet of crazy heavy crap fall on you.

I can not even list it all. You know what you need to do, so man up and do it.

Beware of the max monster

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Longmont, CO
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Longmont, CO

I have been working at OfficeMax part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Some cool co workers and some cool customers

Cons

Be prepare to read this long message. If your a cashier you have to sell the stupid paper that is always and i mean ALWAYS on sale. if you dont sell it or if you forget to, the customer gets a coke for free. you also have to ask for maxperks, and max assurances. if you dont get either of those they will be on you like white on rice and they will glare at you with a death look.

If your salesperson again sell, sell, sell and more selling. you have to bug the living snot out of customers when they are near printers, computers and even when they walk in the door. and if they say no i am fine, you still have to walk up to them and bug them.This is why officemax is going down because you annoy the customers so much with all what i just listed above.

Impress- Oh my.....now this one is a treat. its stressful, it sucks and overall the people you get back there are like dealing with Satan himself. if you dont get the project right or do is perfectly the supervisor will be calling you the next day and asking why then they will yell at you. is that even legal? It happens when your at home

So to those who want or even thinking about working here i suggest you go work for someone else who will treat you with respect, kindness and compassion0 the management is bad the co workers you get can be ok at times but save yourself go work for someone better

Be more respectful, stop yelling at us and maybe us employes will stay

There are newer employer reviews for OfficeMax