OfficeMax

www.officemax.com

I used to enjoy the job...

Sales Consultant (Current Employee) Austin, TX

ProsFlexible hours, small tight nit crew. Fun environment when you aren't running around trying to get things done. Good work experience for first time job.

ConsI've been with OMX for 4 and a half years, and all I know is that after all this time I still don't understand why the company does half the things it does. They are so pointless and waste payroll that is already limited, resulting in serious under-staffing. I do the job 3 people would at another company. It's exhausting, and I always feel under appreciated.

Advice to Senior ManagementPick a plan and stick with it. Make sure policies and actions make sense. Don't just throw something out there and hope that it will work. Appreciate the employees you have, and don't run them off by letting SMs and ASMs treat them like garbage.

Insane Focus Goals with long hours and no thanks.

Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at OfficeMax full-time for more than a year

Pros: You always know how bad you are and that no… Cons: Focus on goals set by someone in corporate who is trying to justify their job, resulting in many small focuses that do not really contribute… Advice to Senior Management: Figure out what you want to focus on and drive profit per store. Stop… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Expectations are way too high

Sales Associate (Former Employee) Oak Brook, IL

I worked at OfficeMax part-time for more than a year

Pros: The company hires the right people. Marketing and promotional have… Cons: Even though the company hires the right people, they tend to treat their employees like they are meaningless and fail to see the value of… Advice to Senior Management: Management needs to treat their associates with respect and value… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on OfficeMax.

Worked for OfficeMax? Contribute to the Community!