OfficeMax
www.officemax.com Naperville, IL 5000+ Employees

Good job while in school

ImPress Specialist (Former Employee)
Schaumburg, IL

I worked at OfficeMax part-time for more than a year

ProsMost of the people are fun to work with. Simple work attire that is comfortable. Pretty flexible when it comes to accommodating your schedule. Paid higher than minimum wage. Gave me good experience in print production.

ConsThey are really focused on selling MaxAssurance plans, credit cards, and suggestive selling. Had to deal with some unusual or irate customers. Store tended to be understaffed.

Advice to Senior ManagementReview promotional signing methods. From week to week there is a lot of redundant signing that gets taken down just to be put up the next week.

Disingenuous

Sales Associate (Current Employee)

I have been working at OfficeMax full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: The environment is mostly laid back. Having been a retail manager at other companies with double the pay as well as work load, I can… Cons: The biggest con is that the focus of office max is to force employee's to use the "hard sale" to push unnecessary ,over priced, and… Advice to Senior Management: Cut your work force in half, and adopt a more ethical strategy for growing your business like controlling your… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Worst place to work...PERIOD!

Desktop Publisher (Former Employee)

I worked at OfficeMax full-time for more than a year

Pros: My fellow employees were fun to work with... Cons: I was a Graphic Artist for the Impress (CopyMax) side. I was often called over to help retail on the Office Max side even though… Advice to Senior Management: You dug your own grave... enjoy your merger and I… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on OfficeMax.

Worked for OfficeMax? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at OfficeMax reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for OfficeMax CEO Roland Smith. All reviews posted anonymously by OfficeMax employees.