limited opportunities

I have been working at OfficeMax full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

nice facility, great work/life balance

Cons

glass ceiling with little room for advancement

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Worst company to work for be far

Former Employee - Sales Supervisor in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Sales Supervisor in Cleveland, OH

I worked at OfficeMax full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you can put up with the petty backstabbing by management, supervisors and employees, its sometimes tolerable to work here.

Cons

1. Dangerous place to work, corners of every isle will cut you, the price tags cut you, the pace they want you to operate at means you will get hurt more often.
    2. Work expectations are horrid. Unload a truck, then put out the truck, while helping customers - you look dirty and smell bad after unloading the truck and moving the merchandise to its positions.
    They expect you to complete planograms, while helping customers and cleaning, while answering the phones, and they throw you on registers at same time, then get upset when you cant complete the first job they put you on. They give you a list of tasks that you sometimes cannot possibly complete, and then blame you for not managing time well and hold it against you come review time. They use the annual review to keep the pay raises at $.25 or less making them one of the worst companies for raises on the planet.

Advice to Management

Quit lying to employees, we are not stupid. Learn how to run a business, the management here are the most clueless I have seen. Dont tell a customer you dont have a product when you learn they wont buy the Maxassurance. Stop telling employees to do unethical things and then yell at them for doing exactly what you tell them to do. Know your own jobs before you try to tell others how to do theirs.

My overall experience wasn't that bad since my co-workers made it bearable.

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Gainesville, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Gainesville, FL

I have been working at OfficeMax part-time (More than a year)

Pros

My manager works my schedule around my preference for the most part, and I am able to request many days off.

Cons

A very boring job, very disorganized, inefficient processes, corporate thinks of the dumbest things to help sell more product.