There are newer employer reviews for OfficeMax

Great job to work and go to school with.

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Roswell, GA
Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Roswell, GA

I have been working at OfficeMax full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible hours, decent pay, a corporate office that tries to be there for associates.

Cons

retail, bonuses seem to be paid out slowly, they sometimes don't tell you things till last minute.

Advice to Management

better communication at corporate level to make sure things are rolled out properly. More advertisement for ctrl center services. Change goals to a store by store basis.

reviews filtered by

One of the most UNethical companies to work for

Current Employee - Impress Associate
    Current Employee - Impress Associate

I have been working at OfficeMax part-time (more than a year)

Pros

hmmm, coworkers are genuinely hardworking, good people with actual souls.

Cons

The management expects you to do an insane amount of work while juggling all your basic tasks. Recently, we've been threatened with getting fired if TWO employees working Impress on a weekend didn't clean and reorganize the entire department. Not only do we have to deal with the high amount of walk-ins that we get, we have to finish all the jobs in the book, call customers with completed orders, and constantly answer the phone. Having only two people with the traffic that we have is already completely unethical (no lunches, no breaks, massive amount of stress), but now you're going to make us clean and reorganize the entire department? At $8 an hour??
    Impress associates are treated the most poorly, trust me, I've worked on both sides. As a cashier/associate your tasks are very achievable and simple, but in impress they are the opposite. some people in our department make less than cashiers, for specialized print work.
    There's a real disconnect between management and employees. Our new manager has drastically cut labor in order to get his yearly bonus (great ethical goal OfficeMax, that's exactly where your profits should go, to the manager, not the hardworking employees) and WE suffer the consequences. He sits in the office all day while we slave away.
    If there's one thing that could come out of this, it would be the ability to reach more people. At this point, all I can hope for is that customers will realize how unethical officemax truly is, and spend their money elsewhere.

Advice to Management

There's nothing to be said, because this company obviously cares about nothing more than profit.

2. Political Nightmare

I worked at OfficeMax

Pros

I can't think of any

Cons

Unbelievable work hours. This is the place for you if you want no work/life balance. Management is a joke. It is all political and who likes who better.

There are newer employer reviews for OfficeMax