OfficeMax
www.officemax.com Naperville, IL 5000+ Employees

Worst place to work...PERIOD!

Desktop Publisher (Former Employee)

I worked at OfficeMax full-time for more than a year

ProsMy fellow employees were fun to work with...

ConsI was a Graphic Artist for the Impress (CopyMax) side. I was often called over to help retail on the Office Max side even though I had my own pile of work to deal with. The General Manager was a complete ass and pushed numbers on us constantly. He would breath over our shoulders and belittle us in front of the customers. He once asked me why my "retail sales" numbers weren't higher. I am usually in the back and wasn't hired on to sell so I told him that I was doing my best to balance both sides. He told me "My 5 year old daughter can try, and do a better job than you." Needless to say that was the last straw for me and I left shortly after that incident.

On a side note I worked there for little over a year and I saw over 30 employees coming and going... that should be enough to raise a red flag for anyone!

Advice to Senior ManagementYou dug your own grave... enjoy your merger and I hope they revamp the entire management.

Ruined Retail

Front End Sales/Print Center Associate (Former Employee)
Lancaster, OH

I worked at OfficeMax full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Flexible hours, Sometimes got to pop bubble wrap Cons: Constantly understaffed, Paid very low even when responsibility increased, Time-wasting activities as mandated by corporate, Management and Upper Management did not stand behind their employees… Advice to Senior Management: Stop wasting people's time with things like LP Edge or Huddles. Don't come down so hard on management for customer complaints--sometimes customers are wrong, or… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Sales Consultant

Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at OfficeMax full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Nice time off amount given to employees Cons: If you cant sell, the company does not appreciate you. Make employees to push items that the customers don't necessarily need or… Advice to Senior Management: Take care of your employees and celebrate wins instead of just focusing on meeting every matrix. Let employees take care of customers instead of… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on OfficeMax.

Worked for OfficeMax? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at OfficeMax reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for OfficeMax CEO Roland Smith. All reviews posted anonymously by OfficeMax employees.