OfficeMax
www.officemax.com Naperville, IL 5000+ Employees

Great job, potential career.

Sales Consultant (Current Employee)
Washington, MO

ProsFriendly staff, Interesting customers, Flexible hours, Competent management, and moderate expectations. There is a lot of room for advancement if you stay busy and do your job. Self motivation is the key to success at OfficeMax.

ConsCan sometimes be repetitious. If you can't talk to people or know what rapport means then you shouldn't work here. You will have weeks where sales are phenomenal and others where you're barely braking even. Keep your head up and focus on your goals.

Advice to Senior ManagementInnovation is the lifeblood of any company but please pace yourself. Can sometimes be overwhelming.

Great

Store Manager (Current Employee)
    Dallas, TX

I have been working at OfficeMax full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Good working conditions. Stable company Cons: Too much political game playing Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great Place while in School

Sales Specialist (Current Employee)
    Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at OfficeMax full-time for more than a year

Pros: Advancement if you perform well Cons: Stand on feet all the time, always cutting hours, not… Advice to Senior Management: Higher Pay Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on OfficeMax.

Worked for OfficeMax? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at OfficeMax reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for OfficeMax CEO Roland Smith. All reviews posted anonymously by OfficeMax employees.