OfficeMax
www.officemax.com Naperville, IL 5000+ Employees

People and higher ups are friendly and approachable

Sales Specialist (Current Employee)
Cleveland, OH

ProsThe people are really fun to work with and the job is not too difficult. Not too much is expected out of us but it's not an easy job either. I love dealing with the nice people and I like what I do. I started out from the bottom and am working my way up the chain as I type.

ConsThe customers can be difficult at times but not all of them. Also, there are a ton of conference calls which can get annoying. The logistics of the freight is flawed and the packing of freight from my distributor is impossible at times. Not to mention the way they have us reset the store seems to be irrational.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet the resets under control and have more accountability for PowerMax. The rhyme and reason for POG changes is very frustrating for stores.

Simple job.

Sales Associate (Current Employee)
    Highlands Ranch, CO

I have been working at OfficeMax part-time for more than a year

Pros: Flexible hours. Management is typically decent. Cons: Corporate is stupid. Saturday nights are the worst nights of all, ad night. You spend 5-6 hours putting out ad for the next week. Then,… Advice to Senior Management: Fix your ads. Customers don't like seeing stickers all over… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Office Max

Impress Associate (Current Employee)
    Orlando, FL

I have been working at OfficeMax part-time for more than a year

Pros: Flexible Availability, Nothing else really Cons: Stressful Environment, Poor Management. No Pay Raises. Horrible Benefits for… Advice to Senior Management: Quit. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on OfficeMax.

Worked for OfficeMax? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at OfficeMax reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for OfficeMax CEO Roland Smith. All reviews posted anonymously by OfficeMax employees.