There are newer employer reviews for OfficeMax

The biggest problem with office max is the costumers.

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Batavia, IL
Former Employee - Sales Associate in Batavia, IL

I worked at OfficeMax part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The pay was fine as a part time employee. All of the other employees were fun to work with. Plenty to do in the store to keep you busy without being monotonous.

Cons

Wanted us to push warranty plans that most customers are not interested in. And lots of time was spent refacing shelves after customer s randomly put things back out of place.

Advice to Management

My store has had new management since I have left and been reorganized. Looks better and starting at zero has helped the shelves be properly faced.

Other Employee Reviews for OfficeMax

1. People and higher ups are friendly and approachable

Current Employee - Sales Specialist in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Sales Specialist in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at OfficeMax full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people are really fun to work with and the job is not too difficult. Not too much is expected out of us but it's not an easy job either. I love dealing with the nice people and I like what I do. I started out from the bottom and am working my way up the chain as I type.

Cons

The customers can be difficult at times but not all of them. Also, there are a ton of conference calls which can get annoying. The logistics of the freight is flawed and the packing of freight from my distributor is impossible at times. Not to mention the way they have us reset the store seems to be irrational.

Advice to Management

Get the resets under control and have more accountability for PowerMax. The rhyme and reason for POG changes is very frustrating for stores.

2. Simple job.

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Highlands Ranch, CO
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Highlands Ranch, CO

I have been working at OfficeMax part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible hours. Management is typically decent.

Cons

Corporate is stupid. Saturday nights are the worst nights of all, ad night. You spend 5-6 hours putting out ad for the next week. Then, next saturday you take all of that ad down. And put up almost the same exact ad with some different ones. Very time consuming and pathetic.

Advice to Management

Fix your ads. Customers don't like seeing stickers all over the aisles. Associates hate putting them up.