OfficeMax
www.officemax.com Naperville, IL 5000+ Employees

2 years experience in technology consulting and small business services

Sales Specialist (Current Employee)

ProsEasy going atmosphere. Fairly young staff, primarily PT college students keep it lively. Diverse client base and loyal customers due to sincere desire to serve their needs.

ConsVery little opportunity to advance. Those who express interest are routinely discouraged. No apparent effort to help staff members move up. And in an environment where wages are so poor, if you're not moving up you might as well move out.

Advice to Senior ManagementHelp your staff to develop and move up. Advocate for those who are worthy of advancement into positions of greater responsibility. Many staff members are depressed at stagnation in wages, and real sense its a dead end.

Small Box Retail

General Manager (Former Employee)
    Chicago, IL

I worked at OfficeMax full-time for less than a year

Pros: Good benefits, Good location and good vision of future. Cons: Small staffing numbers to run a store, salaried managers hours… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great first job!

Sales Associate (Former Employee)
    Miami, FL

I worked at OfficeMax part-time

Pros: Fabulous co-workers Understanding managers Good hours of operation Cons: Wages aren't very high Customers can be very frustrating when there aren't enough cashiers available The store is practically… Advice to Senior Management: Keep up the good work, but place more cashiers on… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on OfficeMax.

Worked for OfficeMax? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at OfficeMax reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for OfficeMax CEO Roland Smith. All reviews posted anonymously by OfficeMax employees.