There are newer employer reviews for OfficeTeam

Great place to do temporary or contract work

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Baton Rouge, LA
Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Baton Rouge, LA

I have been working at OfficeTeam as a contractor

Pros

I was contacted frequently for short and long term temp assignments
Paid weekly

Cons

Nothing negative to say about the company

reviews filtered by
  1. Consistent work in a troubled market

I have been working at OfficeTeam

Pros

I have never gone longer than one week without employment. When you have their attention, requests for benefits or other administrative services are promptly met.

Cons

Sometimes takes several weeks to have your messages and calls returned. Still in administrative services after almost 2 years, when I originally asked for help finding temp jobs in finance/accounting. Compensation is consistently weak. Earning benefits takes a very long time, and the actual benefits are very weak. Health insurance offered does not meet minimum standards for the state of Massachusetts, and anyone on this plan must pay a penalty fee to the state.

Offer long-term reliable job candidates some incentive to stay. Reach out to your candidates on assignment; while this is our livelihood, we are representing OfficeTeam on a contract with another company. It pays to have your candidates feel supported, and not just another number or customer service call.

2. Much more than I expected...

Former Employee - Temp in Oak Brook, IL
    Former Employee - Temp in Oak Brook, IL

I worked at OfficeTeam full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Very efficient - did not waste my time
    Personal - found a position that was tailored to my skills
    Fast - I was placed in a full-time position 3 weeks after I interviewed (that include Thanksgiving holiday)
    Available - I was able to call or email the staff at any point and they always responded

Cons

Communication - some aspects of my hiring were hasty and I wasn't given all the information I needed. There was some confusion about my hours between my on-site supervisors and OfficeTeam. This could be the fault of the business and not OfficeTeam, but better communication could have prevented it. As a result, I was working 35 hours/week when I was approved for 37.5. That little bit results in a lot of money that I could have made.

Everyone I worked with was wonderful, particularly Kristin. My only advice would be to tighten up communication between the supervisor at OfficeTeam and the employee. In my case, my on-site supervisor had incorrect information and I would have benefited from clearer instructions from OfficeTeam.

There are newer employer reviews for OfficeTeam