Ogilvy & Mather
www.ogilvy.com New York, NY 5000+ Employees

Smart people, great brands, lots of opportunity. Struggles with digital transformation still.

New York, NY

ProsAgency with great heritage, strong processes in place, and a lot of very smart people that push your thinking. Opportunity to work with really big brands often on very big marketing and business challenges. Great benefits and good work/life balance. Teamwork oriented culture, very friendly and pleasant working environment. Office in crazy location, but is beautiful with lots of light, a gym, bike parking, showers, nurse's office, cafeteria, roofdeck.

ConsTalks constantly about being all about 'digital' and transforming to a 'digital' agency throughout, but has never really followed through from a senior management perspective. Fits and starts at hiring 'chief digital officers' but never really getting serious about hiring senior account staff who are digital natives and can sell in digital work.

As an added challenge, the agency's zillions of P&L silos separate out disciplines in ways that are truly disservices to delivering for clients. Social is separate from Media which is separate from "digital" which is separate from CRM which is separate from Advertising. Need better integration.

All this being said they do have great digital creative if/when it can be sold through to clients. The work itself is first class. Helped by strong strategic focus of agency.

Great Place!

Project Manager (Former Employee)
    New York, NY

I worked at Ogilvy & Mather as a contractor for more than a year

Pros: Great people, team oriented, nice perks and always striving to… Cons: Location but the company does their best to make things… Advice to Senior Management: Nice job! Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Will the Real Ogilvy & Mather Please stand up?

Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Ogilvy & Mather full-time for more than a year

Pros: Spectacular view and very comfortable office environment with up to date technology. Great location that makes… Cons: Big office politics drive down morale and destroy culture. Too many bosses make it very difficult to get the job done while constant micro management… Advice to Senior Management: Change needs to happen from the top down, senior leadership… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Ogilvy & Mather.

Worked for Ogilvy & Mather? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Ogilvy & Mather reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Ogilvy & Mather CEO Miles Young. All reviews posted anonymously by Ogilvy & Mather employees.