Ohio CAT

SELLING THE BEST IN THE MARKET

Current Employee - Equipment Sales Representative
Current Employee - Equipment Sales Representative

I have been working at Ohio CAT

Pros

Free range to work with little physical interaction with management. Market leading products and industry leading service and technical support. Work environment includes construction sites, mining sites and industrial areas. Dress code is jeans, work boots, collard shirts, hard hats and safety vests. Each rep receives a vehicle stipend, laptop, cell phone and printer. We are a mobile office in our vehicles.

Cons

Detachment mindset between management and sales team. It is said we trip over a dollar to save a nickel. Almost seems that we are getting away from a customer centric mindset.

Don't take our word for it but please listen to the thoughts and market suggestions that the sales force is willing to speak about to better the company.

4 Other Employee Reviews for Ohio CAT (View Most Recent)

Amazing company and CEO

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Broadview Heights, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Broadview Heights, OH

I have been working at Ohio CAT full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The CEO works hard to learn your name and your story. He is phenomenal and you can really tell he cares about his employees. Coworkers are friendly and management is supportive of new ideas. They are constantly trying to improve, and are open to new things. Health benefits are great and you really feel a sense of pride working at Ohio CAT! I really like the people I work with and you definitely feel appreciated!

Cons

Sick time is weak, only two days a year. Vacation is average -- 2 weeks to start. Sometimes coworkers can get a bit cliquey but that happens everywhere.

Increasing sick time would enable us to be more competitive.

Good people, good company

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Broadview Heights, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Broadview Heights, OH

I worked at Ohio CAT

Pros

Management seemed to actually care about their employees. Willing to accomodate personal needs. A good atmosphere at the corporate office. Decent bonus and benefits.

Cons

Pay wasn't as strong as other companies. A minority of managers could be political and/or difficult. Buried ins now during the winter!

Take a tighter approach with some of the sales staff. Too often, salesmen seemed complacent in their positions. A little "rear licking" wouldn't hurt.

There are newer employer reviews for Ohio CAT