Ohio Department of Health

www.odh.ohio.gov

Reviewed

Current Employee - Health Planning Administrator  in  Columbus, OH
Current Employee - Health Planning Administrator in Columbus, OH

Pros

Provides good salary and benefits.

Cons

Very political environment to work in.

Continue to provide good leadership.

Other reviews for Ohio Department of Health

If you love to be micromanaged by people that don't understand your job, this is the place to be!

Current Employee - Immunization Program Manager  in  Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Immunization Program Manager in Columbus, OH

Pros

I feel passionate about the work that I do (initiating, expanding, developing, and maintaining programs that are designed to prevent disease). Despite the bureaucracy and many hurdles that I have faced, I feel that I have accomplished a lot during my time here. Although executive staff tends to micromanage me, my direct supervisor has been supportive.

Cons

The current leadership does not seem to value staff education and experience. Therefore, our insights and ideas tend to be discounted. We are micromanaged to the point of having executive staff review and rewrite our memos. I manage a $100 million program and I am no longer allowed to sign even a simple memo myself without approval from executive staff - so it takes a minimum of a month to get anything sent out. It is embarassing to have to answer questions from our partners about why it takes so long to get simple tasks accomplished and I have grown weary of the hours of wasted time.

Consider that there are many highly educated, highly experienced, and highly motivated staff members who feel passionate about their jobs. Don't discount their insights and ideas - and please stop micromanaging us.

Good company to work for

Pros

Friendly work environment, tuition re-reimbursement availability

Cons

No work from home opportunity

There are newer employer reviews for Ohio Department of Health.

Worked for Ohio Department of Health? Contribute to the Community!