Ohio State University Medical Center

There are newer employer reviews for Ohio State University Medical Center

Nice to work.

Current Employee - Postdoctoral Researcher in Columbus, OH
Current Employee - Postdoctoral Researcher in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Ohio State University Medical Center full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Relatively low living expenses in Columbus OH.
The quality of supporting facilities and Hospital is pretty good.

Cons

Overall quality is not really high.

84 Other Employee Reviews for Ohio State University Medical Center (View Most Recent)

Digital Strategy Program Manager

Current Employee - Prograam Manager in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Prograam Manager in Columbus, OH

Pros

Committed to change guided by smart people

Cons

Cultural change rate slow but on track

Maximize synergies

Excellent workplace and benefits... with a price

Current Employee - Research Scientist in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Research Scientist in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Ohio State University Medical Center full-time

Pros

Intelligent and capable coworkers, positive atmosphere, the feeling that your work is meaningful, great medical staff, benefits. Public opinion of OSUMC is terrific and it's enjoyable to be apart of such a successful institution.

- OSUMC is massive, so my experience could easily be entirely different as other research scientists. If you are a researcher or aspire to be one then you probably already know that your experience is primarily influenced by how much you enjoy what you do and how engaged and supportive your mentor is in your growth. I have had an excellent experience. I certainly feel that my success is determined simply by how hard I work, and I'm lucky to have a mentor who shields me from the inevitable politics that float around. Overall, everyone around me is extremely capable and it feels that the means to accomplish any project are available if you have the connections to access them and the persistence to fight through the layers of bureaucracy to acquire them.

Cons

Sluggish bureaucracy, shift in research funding resources is making it more difficult to establish a research career, minor political battles, pay is less than one would receive for a comparable position elsewhere.

- As previously stated, OSUMC is huge and change occurs very slowly. I also run into too many situations when I need to complete a simple task like purchasing equipment and get five different answers on how to do so or am told "We've never done that before, you can't do that". I've typically had to push a little bit to get things done, but because the resource are seemingly endless I've never been completely stopped from doing something. Things will get done, albeit painfully slowly. At the same time, it seems like other agendas fly by at the speed of light, like constructing a new building or renaming the entire medical center.

There are newer employer reviews for Ohio State University Medical Center