OhioHealth

www.ohiohealth.com
There are newer employer reviews for OhioHealth

Good overall, but a typical big-business healthcare system

Former Employee - Laboratory in Columbus, OH
Former Employee - Laboratory in Columbus, OH

I worked at OhioHealth full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Good health benefits, average to good retirement options, once you are in there are a lot of transfer/up-training options if you do it right. Good workers in mostly good locations around Columbus. Lots of small perks (discounts at business for being an OhioHealth employee, lots of holiday celebrations, free meals, small monetary bonuses

Cons

Has become very 'big business', focusing on expansion, cost cutting, management restructuring. I witnessed a lot of nepotism, favoritism, & promotions that weren't based on job performance or qualifications. Also witnesses several 'sneaky' layoffs/firings (if you don't make trouble/demands, you are fine, but if you are a problem, they will wait and get rid of you when they see an opportunity to do so without legal consequences).

Supervisor and management standards need to be higher. I saw many policy and training lapses; need more clear and professional written standards that are enforced. Managers talk to employees about concerns but never follow through with actually addressing anything.

54 Other Employee Reviews for OhioHealth (View Most Recent)

Great Company

Current Employee - OFFICE SPECIALIST in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - OFFICE SPECIALIST in Columbus, OH

I have been working at OhioHealth full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Management Cares
    Opportunity for Advancement

Cons

None.Overall a pretty good company.

Great Place to Work-if physicians, nurses, and medical technicians’ profession

Former Employee - Director in Dublin, OH
    Former Employee - Director in Dublin, OH

I worked at OhioHealth full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

We do offer unique benefits such as concierge services to all associates so you can have more free time for yourself after work. Best years as a non-profit in revenue.

Cons

Interfacing with the IT organization, be prepared to be pigeon holed till terminated, finding other work within other teams very limited to non-existent, training only the for the select few, if the current technology does not provide value “hammer it to a solution to make it fit” mindset.

Healthcare is changing and competition to keep great physicians, nurses, technicians is heating up. Improve the morale of the supporting teams such as IT making them feel that they also can make a difference. Reduce the constant looking over the shoulders directly or indirectly of associates by “management pets”, more training to allow personal growth, and less "We don’t train associates- we can hire off the street for less”

There are newer employer reviews for OhioHealth