OhioHealth

There are newer employer reviews for OhioHealth

Good place in Columbus

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Columbus, OH
Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Columbus, OH

I have been working at OhioHealth full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits, competitive pay, positive culture, excellent company performance. Leaders seem open to new ideas but things do not move very quickly.

Cons

Limited advancement; communication from leaders in big organizations is hard. Has anyone mastered that?

53 Other Employee Reviews for OhioHealth (View Most Recent)

This is a company that actually cares. I'm really happy working for them!

Current Employee - Information Services Systems Analyst in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Information Services Systems Analyst in Columbus, OH

I have been working at OhioHealth full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

- Our wages are more than fair and the benefits aren't bad either.
    - They are serious about embracing diversity, as evidenced by same-sex partner benefits and plenty of minorities in leadership positions.
    - The company is doing really well, both in profit and patient satisfaction. This gets paid forward to employees in the form of monetary bonuses to employees, random gift cards, free zoo days, and other little perks to show their appreciation... plus this obviously gives us some measure of job security.
    - From an IT perspective, I think they are doing the best they can for such a large organization. IT is employed by the company rather than out-sourced. They don't skimp on their technology standards, with the current standard being solid state hard drives and 4GB ram. Still, our docs are annoyed that we won't give everybody IPADs. :)
    - It really does not seem hard to move up in this company. Maybe it varies somewhat based on your department, but I see people being promoted all the time. Personally, I was able to put in my time at entry level and work my way into exactly the sort of position I wanted. I didn't know anyone prior to being hired on and had no friends in high places. I just did my job well, volunteered when my boss or teammates needed help -- pretty basic formula for success.
    - OhioHealth jobs tend to be really stable, so if you're NOT interested in climbing political ladders and just want to come in and do what's expected of you and bring home a paycheck for your family, you can absolutely do that. I know people who have been in the same role for 10 or 15 years and are content to remain where they are.
    - Raises in this company are across the board rather than merit-based, so you're going to get your 3% increase regardless of how hard you work. Ambitious people may see this as a negative, but I think it's nice for overall morale and keeps backstabbing and rivalry to a minimum.

Cons

- Communication could be better, especially between departments They try, but sometimes the left hand doesn't know what the right is doing. Maybe it comes with being such a large organization.
    - You will be expected to use the word "Systemness" often, and with a straight face.
    - This is not a great place to work if you can't cope with change. Healthcare and technology are hopelessly linked these days. Technology changes so quickly nowadays, and OhioHealth is determined to keep up. A simple task like checking in patients or passing meds may be done in a completely different way than it was two or three years ago due to changes in technology, If you can't handle regular changes to your workflow, this may not be the best place for you.
    - We acquire smaller private practices and clinics all the time, and sometimes these associates have growing pains as we encourage them to...well... assimilate. Not that we're the Borg, but... OK, it's true. We're basically the Borg of Healthcare.
    - Our current Believe in WE marketing is super cheesy. The We People, or "Weeple", are plastered on posters throughout the hospitals and set as the desktop background on every computer. Get used to their cartoon eyes following you.
    - I'm having trouble thinking of any more serious cons. I'm really quite happy working here!

Keep on rocking.

I'd go back

Current Employee - Human Resource Representative in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Human Resource Representative in Columbus, OH

I have been working at OhioHealth full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good pay, nice people, good work ethic

Cons

Sometimes slow room or no room for advancement. I left for an HR Director position elsewhere.

Look for people within before hiring an outside HR director.

There are newer employer reviews for OhioHealth