Ojas Wellness Center

www.ojaswellness.com
There are newer employer reviews for Ojas Wellness Center

Mixed emotions

I worked at Ojas Wellness Center

Pros

LOVED the coworkers I got to work with.
Great learning experience and offer a lot of training.

Cons

They claim that there is a ton of "opportunity for growth". Not true.
You will never get set hours (or anywhere close to a set schedule).
Sick/Personal time can only be taken if the shift is covered. Even then you STILL have to make up the hours asap.
The pay is considerably lower than that of competitors. The amount of work that is asked of you for this low pay is very high.
Upper management is extremely manipulative in many ways (getting you to do more work, work long hours (10+ hour days regularly), "explaining" pay scale and insurance "benefits"...). They are master word-manipulators to make you believe that 1) a situation isn't as bad as it sounds, 2) you're at fault for situations out of your control.
Setting of goals that need to be achieved prior to a pay raise or bonus will even be discussed is almost unreachable.

You claim to have employees that are the "best in the business." Understand that to actually recruit and maintain the best in the industry, you have to pay employees like they're the best in the industry.

23 Other Employee Reviews for Ojas Wellness Center (View Most Recent)

wellness center is a place where employees are supposed to be treated WELL

I have been working at Ojas Wellness Center

Pros

most of thehe co workers are really nice......... for the most part stable hours.............. fairly steady clients............ nice treatment rooms...................

Cons

The management makes you feel like you are five years old with the way they treat some staff and there is a lot of favoritism that is played. they seemed like such a wonderful place to work when you first start but the true colors come out in no time. the things you do are not appreciated and most of the time its what you do wrong that is when you are talked to. the owners seem really focused on money with all that retail that have booming in the stores now which is funny because when I first started they were focused on wellness and actually helping people. they dont even pay staff well, related to experience or improvement. oh yea and we hardly get breaks when its needed. theres a reason people are leaving all the time.

take time to listen to employee needs, improvement ideas and whats going on with clients or other staff members. Make us feel wanted and not easily replaceable. in order for people to want to stay and work here, you have to have incentives that are worth it. you have done nothing but show me no matter how hard i work on clients and provide for you, you wont help me. i make you more money. i dont get paid well and they dont care. loose loose situation if you ask me.

I never thought I would love coming to work!

I have been working at Ojas Wellness Center

Pros

I really love my job, my coworkers and clients
    Great training
    Love the free pilates classes
    Direct communication and interaction with management
    If you a slacker or don't prove yourself, you are out the door, you will never last
    Recognized often for positive customer feedback and feel genuinely supported

Cons

Small company that comes with pros and cons. No real HR/accounting department (goes through management) so, although matters were resolved, that delays administrative matters and communications about those matters
    Sad that some co-workers like to complain and blame rather than fix their problem and that can possibly weaken morale amongst others

Overall management is great at equipping the members with the skills and training to do a great job but there is always room for improvement. More frequent reviews so you know where you stand
    Overall the management is stellar and love their jobs like I do. Do more pro-actively about ineffective employees.

There are newer employer reviews for Ojas Wellness Center