Oklahoma City University
www.okcu.edu Oklahoma City, OK 500 to 999 Employees

High tolerance for things that need fixing but in the end this place exhausted me.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Oklahoma City University full-time for more than 10 years

ProsHad a good deal of autonomy to grow a program.

ConsHad to deal with massive inefficiencies and lack of cohesive coordination across affected departments. Serious budget issues are facing the entire institution while they continue to take on debt.

Advice to Senior ManagementFind ways to better and honestly communicate with all employees. Remind those in leadership positions that the university is not their personal playground or piggy bank.

Not a very transparent or rewarding employer

I have been working at Oklahoma City University full-time

Pros: In my experience you can get away with things here, leave early. It's… Cons: The university has a budget problem and continues to make some of the same imbalanced decisions that lead it here. Long term employees are treated… Advice to Senior Management: Stop treating the university like a place for funding vanity… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Great students but terrible work environment

Visiting Assistant Professor (Former Employee)
Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Oklahoma City University full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: The students were amazing and professional. Best students I… Cons: The faculty is toxic and greedy for power. It consists of male domination making females feel superior. They keep admitting huge amounts of… Advice to Senior Management: Treat the students more like adults and not like children, power hungry administrators churning large amounts of students… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Oklahoma City University.

Worked for Oklahoma City University? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Oklahoma City University reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Oklahoma City University CEO Robert Henry. All reviews posted anonymously by Oklahoma City University employees.