Oklahoma Department of Corrections
www.doc.state.ok.us Oklahoma City, OK 1000 to 5000 Employees

Beneath me.

Correctional Officer (Current Employee)
Oklahoma City, OK

ProsI like the once a month check., The pay is better than the private side of Corrections. The benefit package is Ok and you can retire if you stay in uniform after 20. If you stay in uniform for 5 years you can transfer to a desk job and keep your 20 retirement.

ConsThere are alot bullcrap people that make decisions that effect you with zero regard to you. Someone always has to be receiving punishment for something. Everyone is on eggshells and nobody trust the others.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake it more honorable, promote from within the prison leave probation and parole out of the prisons.

Corrections

Correctional Security Manager (Current Employee)
    Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Oklahoma Department of Corrections

Pros: The work is steady, we will always need correctional officers, the work is not very hard,… Cons: It is negative work, the inmates are negative there is not respect for officers. The pay is slow, there are very few pay raises… Advice to Senior Management: Management needs to respect employees all of them. Open communication lines let us know… More

The ups and downs of Oklahoma DOC

Correctional Officer (Current Employee)
    McAlester, OK

I have been working at Oklahoma Department of Corrections

Pros: The benefits that are given free of charge are absolutly awesome. Depending on the size of your family, you are given an allotted amount of… Cons: Working at a maximum security prison is a challenge. Besides the constant worry of being able to get home safely to my family, the… Advice to Senior Management: Communication is the key! Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Oklahoma Department of Corrections.

Worked for Oklahoma Department of Corrections? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Oklahoma Department of Corrections reviews and ratings. All reviews posted anonymously by Oklahoma Department of Corrections employees.