Oklahoma Department of Human Services

www.okdhs.org

good benefits

Current Employee - SSS11  in  Oklahoma City, OK
Current Employee - SSS11 in Oklahoma City, OK

Pros

job security with great benefits

Cons

havn't had raises in past 6 yrs

Other reviews for Oklahoma Department of Human Services

Not a very good place to work - has to do more with this specific office

Current Employee - Child Welfare Specialist  in  Midwest City, OK
    Current Employee - Child Welfare Specialist in Midwest City, OK

Pros

Great benefits, pretty easy to get time off , three weeks of vacation and three weeks of sick pay accumulated throughout each year, people can donate sick time to one another when needed.

Cons

The environment is really mean. Instead of working as a "team" as the job description implies, it is "each person for themselves." If you are a "go-getter" you will probably stick out like a sore thumb. It is supposed to be an environment of "social workers," instead many (not all) of the co-workers are bullies, gossips, and vindictive. Very immature work environment with a high turnover rate. Low level management (the supervisor's and their supervisor's, basically the supervisor's within the county office itself) feed into and allows the ill behavior.
    I have been at other county offices and they are run differently. This office is not run in a manner where everyone is treated equally. I want to go to another office asap. People are dropping like flies. I've seen great workers "chased" away from the office because of the way they are treated.

It is very obvious who the "preferred" employees are. If you are not in that "group" then you are not treated with the respect that you deserve. Don't allow your employees to act like elementary school students, immature and petty. Do not talk about other employees with their co-workers. Award only good behavior. Look into "why" a person is trying to cause someone else to look bad. I have seen so many people nearly sabotaged because of jealous, vindictive co-workers! Reward those who are interested in learning and doing their job well instead of putting them down. Don't allow so much "waste" to go on during work hours. Don't "award" bad behavior, gossip, and vindictive people. Treat the employees in a fair manner without being biased. Even though this is a state job and is not dependent upon profits, run the organization with the mindset as one would for a company that is there to make profits. People complain about workloads, but honestly, it really is not bad at all. I still don't understand why people complain about not having enough time to work their caseloads. I have seem so much time wasted with people talking about nonsense. If people would use their work hours for working then a lot more productivity would occur. There also needs to be more supervision...not micro-management, but supervise. The honest people are honest....but those that are not are getting a way with a lot that they should not be getting away with!

Well, it's a job

Current Employee - Child Support Specialist I  in  Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Child Support Specialist I in Oklahoma City, OK

Pros

Benefits are good - easy to get time off when needed.

Cons

low pay to high workload ratio

Provide a more uniform approach to the work cycle. No offices do anything the same, which creates serious miscommunications between works, as well as our customers.

There are newer employer reviews for Oklahoma Department of Human Services.

Worked for Oklahoma Department of Human Services? Contribute to the Community!