Okta

www.okta.com

An enterprise company in an area with a lot of potential. But just OK as a place to work.

(Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

Pros*The cloud identity space has a lot of growth and Okta is positioned in the right place and is a leader in its segment with some worthy competitors.
*The company leadership is very experienced in the enterprise space and have the correct vision.
*Management tries its best to listen to it's employees and adjust it's course of action.
*Still small enough to come in and make an early impact but not so small that if feels like a scrappy startup.
*Very transparent about their financials, stock option values and revenue numbers.

Cons*Don't expect the bay area startup vibe here. A very straight-laced 'enterprise' company, though the management is trying hard to change it.
*In a growth spurt right now so you will end up working long hours to meet customer commitments and dealing with constantly shifting priorities.
*The Identity space, though a very real and important area, is understood by few and can be rather unappealing and not 'sexy'.
*For a relatively new company, it still relies on a rather outdated technology stack for it's core product.
*No ground-breaking technical problems to be solved - basic web-scaling, software engineering problems. But that is to be expected of any smaller company.

Advice to Senior Management*Ensure company culture is kept as a highest priority. This competitive market for talent and smart people have a lot of options - make sure Okta is the place where people look forward to come to work to, have fun and feel respected.
*Develop better recruiting practices to employ well-rounded engineers and not just people who can solve coding puzzles with syntactical correctness on a whiteboard.

Good place to learn new things and work to solve interesting problems.

I have been working at Okta full-time

Pros: Get to work with really smart people. The company will take as much of your time as you are willing to give but often people… Cons: Still considered a start up so generally it means less pay but made up by having a well stocked kitchen and other perks. Unfortunately… Advice to Senior Management: Would be nice to have more company get togethers so you can meet people… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Okta is the way to go!

App Analyst (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Okta full-time for less than a year

Pros: Okta is a place full of hard working and sincere people. Everyone around here works extremely hard and takes their jobs seriously. The appreciation and… Cons: - No free parking in the city. The garages nearby… Advice to Senior Management: You are all doing a great job! Keep up the culture… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Okta.

Worked for Okta? Contribute to the Community!