There are newer employer reviews for Okta

Great leadership, great direction, great company

Current Employee - Senior Technical Instructor in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Senior Technical Instructor in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Okta full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

* Very transparent company * Clarity in goals and direction * Honest introspection * Great employees * Great leaders * Great company

Cons

Let me be totally honest, there aren't a lot of cons to working at Okta. It really is an awesome place to work. * Work/life balance can get a little out of whack sometimes, but the CEO encourages a good work/life balance...but with such a fast growing company it can be a little difficult * Sometimes the speed at which Okta is growing can make it hard to keep up with the workload (is that a con?)

Advice to Management

Stay awesome

Aug 26, 2014 – Lead Recruiter

Thank you for your feedback.

Other Employee Reviews for Okta

1. Fast ride to the top! Great organization.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Okta full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Plenty of room to grow, great product, Great people. Hard work is recognized you will get out what you put into it! Working for a company where you can see the results of your efforts is a big motivator. If hard work, innovation, and recognition are a motivator.. come work here. If you are looking for a easy 9 - 5 ... this is not the place.

Cons

My mail box is full of competitors emailing me to get me to go work for them. Challenges in keeping up with the product features and updates.

Aug 26, 2014 – Lead Recruiter

Because we attract the best and brightest talent, it does not surprise us that you are being chased by our competitors. Thank you for your commitment!

2. Fast-paced, demanding, and rewarding

Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Okta full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Overall, I've been very satisfied with my work at Okta. The culture is young and characteristic of many start-ups (ping-pong, beer on tap, etc.). Everyone is very driven and there is large potential for career growth. Our goals - individual, team, corporate - are clearly articulated and everyone buys in to to vision.

Cons

Being the market leader means there are grueling hours, and it does affect the work/life balance. Because we are growing so quickly, the company has not anticipated each change and there is some trial and error.

Advice to Management

Keep investing in the employees; culture and happiness are key.

Aug 26, 2014 – Lead Recruiter

Becoming an industry leader is certainly a challenging road, and we acknowledge the long hours of our employees. We appreciate everything you do to contribute to making us successful.