High Growth, Big Opportunity

Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Okta full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is a great company that is growing fast. Everyone is extremely cooperative and the opportunity for advancement is apparent in all departments. Add in a probable IPO and Okta is a pretty great spot to work.

Cons

Like any startup in high growth phase, resources can be scarce. Expect to work longer hours in an effort to close deals.

Advice to Management

It would be great to have recurring technical training in order to alleviate the burden on the SE team.

Aug 26, 2014 – Lead Recruiter

Thank you for your feedback. We have invested significantly in our online training and curriculum materials, and are also hosting quarterly trainings for our sales teams. Please reach out to any ... More

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Just finished my 2nd week at Okta

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Okta full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

People are super friendly. Company meetings are energetic. The perks are the best I have seen at any hi tech company that I have worked at (over 5 hi tech companies). Everyone works on MacBook Airs. Great location near the SF Ballpark. Lunch 3 times per week. My department head and team are open to new ideas in how to get work done and is very collaborative. We seem to have hired over 150 employees in the past year and the excitment you can feel internally.

Cons

Since I am new to the company, not to many downsides yet, I am in my honeymoon period but so far I am very impressed.

Advice to Management

Keep up the open dialog between executives and employees with the weekly meetings with your transparency.

Aug 26, 2014 – Lead Recruiter

We appreciate your feedback and expect to celebrate many anniversaries with you after the honeymoon.

2. Opportunities abound

I have been working at Okta full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Leader in a fast-emerging space. Tons of opportunity for personal career growth and a legitimate opportunity to help build the next great tech company. Smart, dedicated coworkers. Efforts are recognized and rewarded. Competitive salary, with quarterly bonuses and stock options.

Cons

You will work your ___ off here, so if you are not prepared for some long hours and hard work, this is not the place for you.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on attracting and retaining the right people.

Aug 26, 2014 – Lead Recruiter

We recognize the Okta team works hard, and because of that we have become the leader in the identity management space. We appreciate all you did and continue to do to drive the company forward.