Okta

www.okta.com
There are newer employer reviews for Okta

Okta Engineering

I have been working at Okta full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Invented the cloud identity space. Enterprise software: quality, performance and security the top priorities. Very strong developers with tremendous sense of ownership. Approachable and transparent executives.

Cons

Enterprise software is not always sexy. Code is complex, and since we are growing fast there are not a lot of people with tribal knowledge. Quality automation flappy and hence in the way.

Give engineers more say in what we build.

48 Other Employee Reviews for Okta (View Most Recent)

Growing a really special company!

I have been working at Okta full-time (more than a year)

Pros

There are a lot of smart, hard working people here. The leadership is great, and is being very thoughtful about the growth and direction of the company. The product is awesome, and I feel that we are really creating a cool culture here.

Cons

Its still a start-up - there is lots of work to be done so work/life balance could be better. The leadership is very loyal to "old-timers" even when they are not producing.

Keep being smart about our growth, and maintain the great level of transparency that we have.

Okta Response

Aug 26, 2014Lead Recruiter

We appreciate your feedback. Transparency is a core value that comes from the top down, and we work hard to maintain that culture for everyone.

Okta is on fire!

Current Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Okta full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I've found that the talent and simply the quality of people Okta attracts is unprecedented. The leadership at Okta truly makes an effort to pave a path of development and growth if that's what you're looking for. Really a great place to grow your career and learn from the best in the industry.

Cons

Okta has more of a buttoned-up culture. Not to say we don't have a great time getting to know our colleagues with side events, but it's definitely not a priority at Okta.

Keep up the transparency as we continue to grow!

Okta Response

Aug 26, 2014Lead Recruiter

Formality across the groups at Okta varies. Identity Management is a serious issue, and customers deserve a high level of professionalism from us. That said, we dress comfortably, vigorously ... More

There are newer employer reviews for Okta