Okta

Okta Engineering

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Okta full-time for more than a year

Pros

Invented the cloud identity space. Enterprise software: quality, performance and security the top priorities. Very strong developers with tremendous sense of ownership. Approachable and transparent executives.

Cons

Enterprise software is not always sexy. Code is complex, and since we are growing fast there are not a lot of people with tribal knowledge. Quality automation flappy and hence in the way.

Give engineers more say in what we build.

41 Other Employee Reviews for Okta (View Most Recent)

Challenging, meaningful, and ful-filling work

Current Employee - Account Executive  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Okta full-time for more than a year

Pros

+ High-growth -- onboarding new hires nearly every week
    + Transparency with upper management -- All-Hands every week discusses the ins and outs of the company to keep employees informed
    + Positive career growth trajectories -- do your job + go above and beyond and your chances of promotion are high
    + Good benefits -- catered lunches, stocked fridge, massages, wine&cheese events, and more
    + "Identity management is hot right now", the company is poised to be successful. Right space, right timing, solid leadership

Cons

+ Very dynamic environment (which is also a positive) but certainly not for someone that thrives on stability and comfort in their every day work environment

Okta Response

Aug 26, 2014Lead Recruiter

We appreciate your feedback and love having you on the team.

Growing a really special company!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Okta full-time for more than a year

Pros

There are a lot of smart, hard working people here. The leadership is great, and is being very thoughtful about the growth and direction of the company. The product is awesome, and I feel that we are really creating a cool culture here.

Cons

Its still a start-up - there is lots of work to be done so work/life balance could be better. The leadership is very loyal to "old-timers" even when they are not producing.

Keep being smart about our growth, and maintain the great level of transparency that we have.

Okta Response

Aug 26, 2014Lead Recruiter

We appreciate your feedback. Transparency is a core value that comes from the top down, and we work hard to maintain that culture for everyone.

There are newer employer reviews for Okta

Worked for Okta? Contribute to the Community!