Okta

Okta Engineering

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Okta full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Invented the cloud identity space. Enterprise software: quality, performance and security the top priorities. Very strong developers with tremendous sense of ownership. Approachable and transparent executives.

Cons

Enterprise software is not always sexy. Code is complex, and since we are growing fast there are not a lot of people with tribal knowledge. Quality automation flappy and hence in the way.

Give engineers more say in what we build.

44 Other Employee Reviews for Okta (View Most Recent)

Okta is on fire!

I have been working at Okta full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I've found that the talent and simply the quality of people Okta attracts is unprecedented. The leadership at Okta truly makes an effort to pave a path of development and growth if that's what you're looking for. Really a great place to grow your career and learn from the best in the industry.

Cons

Okta has more of a buttoned-up culture. Not to say we don't have a great time getting to know our colleagues with side events, but it's definitely not a priority at Okta.

Keep up the transparency as we continue to grow!

Okta Response

Aug 26, 2014Lead Recruiter

Formality across the groups at Okta varies. Identity Management is a serious issue, and customers deserve a high level of professionalism from us. That said, we dress comfortably, vigorously ... More

Challenging, meaningful, and ful-filling work

I have been working at Okta full-time (more than an year)

Pros

+ High-growth -- onboarding new hires nearly every week
    + Transparency with upper management -- All-Hands every week discusses the ins and outs of the company to keep employees informed
    + Positive career growth trajectories -- do your job + go above and beyond and your chances of promotion are high
    + Good benefits -- catered lunches, stocked fridge, massages, wine&cheese events, and more
    + "Identity management is hot right now", the company is poised to be successful. Right space, right timing, solid leadership

Cons

+ Very dynamic environment (which is also a positive) but certainly not for someone that thrives on stability and comfort in their every day work environment

Okta Response

Aug 26, 2014Lead Recruiter

We appreciate your feedback and love having you on the team.

There are newer employer reviews for Okta