Okta

www.okta.com
  www.okta.com
There are newer employer reviews for Okta

Collaborative, transparent, wonderful place to work.

Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Okta full-time (less than an year)

Pros

It's a fabulous balance of hard work and play at Okta. Yeah it has the start up perks like ping pong, kegs, x box, etc., but it also has a culture of getting your work done and delivering results. Whether it be working until 7:30 pm (when dinner is served), or getting in at 6 am to finish a project. Okta makes it very clear that if you work hard, you can play hard. You're surrounded by some of the most intelligent and creative people in the world, and having the opportunity to work with these innovators in the software industry is the best part of working at Okta. Seriously, Todd McKinnon built Salesforce, and he eats lunch with us every day.

Cons

The hours can be a bit intense. There are no set hours at Okta, but leaving before 5 pm is unacceptable. But who cares - you'll be having fun and you won't even notice it's 8 pm.

At times Okta can be so obsessed with training and enablement that it get's a bit clustered. They're still getting onboarding figured out, but it get's better every day. Right now it requires a lot of extra work from employees just to bring new people up to speed. That's part of the culture though - team work and collaboration.

Even CEO’s have to eat!

We agree that onboarding can be improved, and have focused on establishing a standard curriculum and process that will require less heavy lifting each time. You will see
... More

44 Other Employee Reviews for Okta (View Most Recent)

Great product and talented people

Current Employee - Account Executive
    Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at Okta full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The product is an industry leader and the pay is competitive. There are some top notch professionals at the company and they have the top VC's in the country backing them.

Cons

Adoption of cloud IAM is slow in the enterprise space. Seems to be difficult finding a compelling reason for customers to purchase. Cut throat sales environment.

Look at acquiring companies to create a competitive advantage.

Aug 26, 2014Lead Recruiter

Identity management is indeed a competitive space, but Okta continues to differentiate itself against the competition. Gartner recognized that this summer with our clear “leader” ranking. And, with ... More

One of the best opportunities in the country

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Okta full-time (more than an year)

Pros

This is a fantastic place to work because of the leadership and people. The leadership has laid out an ambitious vision and share great detail regarding their plans to execute on this vision. It is very clear to each employee the opportunity that we're working toward and how we fit in to the plan to execute on this opportunity. There is a real common bond and sense of community among the co-workers and it creates a very collaborative and exciting environment.

Cons

Like many small companies looking to execute on a grand vision - it can be quite a bit of work and responsibility. There is a lot of responsibility on everyone and that can lead to stress. I think the people that work here accept this responsibility and thrive - but I can understand that this environment is not for everyone.

The only thing I can say is keep hiring great people and maintain the values that we've had for the past year I have been here. I love the open culture, benefits, and mentality that is at the core of this company. Work to protect that.

Aug 26, 2014Lead Recruiter

Thank you for your thoughtful feedback. We are thrilled that you are happy at Okta!

There are newer employer reviews for Okta