There are newer employer reviews for Okta

Fast paced, up to something special and a lot of fun all in one package

Current Employee - Operation in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Operation in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Okta full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Okta is an exceptional place to work and grow. Whether in software engineering, customer success, professional services, sales or operations, the leadership team has successfully built a team that is highly invested in both the success of the company and the success of the people that work for them. I'm excited to get up in the morning and commute to work all the while thinking and strategizing about my day. Okta is a pioneer in IDaaS and the cloud and has attracted the attention of many. At more than 1,000 customers and growing fast, the company is clearly up to some exciting things and I'm personally humbled and proud to part of it!

Cons

Facilities continue to be a challenge, managing to fast paced growth in a market such as San Francisco is tough. The war for talent is afoot, we consistently need more of the best and the brightest. I really struggle to find significant cons, Okta has been and continues to be my number one choice.

Advice to Management

Enable, empower and continue to support your teams. Maintain the level of open communication such as weekly all hands. As we grow, keep us together rather than in two buildings if at all possible.

Aug 26, 2014 – Lead Recruiter

We appreciate your candid feedback. The war for talent is aggressive, but the quality of our company and team continues to attract the best and the brightest in the industry. Employees are always ... More

Other Employee Reviews for Okta

1. Great atmosphere, great people

Current Intern - Marketing Intern in San Francisco, CA
    Current Intern - Marketing Intern in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Okta as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

great atmosphere, great, young people. Exciting start up with a lot of potential to grow and make $$$

Cons

not enough open positions and some people are a little too distracted for upper management

Aug 26, 2014 – Lead Recruiter

We continue to grow rapidly, and have been successful in filling open positions that are supported by the business plan with strong internal and external candidates. Please alert your manager if ... More

Collaborative, transparent, wonderful place to work.

Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Okta full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's a fabulous balance of hard work and play at Okta. Yeah it has the start up perks like ping pong, kegs, x box, etc., but it also has a culture of getting your work done and delivering results. Whether it be working until 7:30 pm (when dinner is served), or getting in at 6 am to finish a project. Okta makes it very clear that if you work hard, you can play hard. You're surrounded by some of the most intelligent and creative people in the world, and having the opportunity to work with these innovators in the software industry is the best part of working at Okta. Seriously, Todd McKinnon built Salesforce, and he eats lunch with us every day.

Cons

The hours can be a bit intense. There are no set hours at Okta, but leaving before 5 pm is unacceptable. But who cares - you'll be having fun and you won't even notice it's 8 pm.

Advice to Management

At times Okta can be so obsessed with training and enablement that it get's a bit clustered. They're still getting onboarding figured out, but it get's better every day. Right now it requires a lot of extra work from employees just to bring new people up to speed. That's part of the culture though - team work and collaboration.

Aug 26, 2014 – Lead Recruiter

Even CEO’s have to eat! We agree that onboarding can be improved, and have focused on establishing a standard curriculum and process that will require less heavy lifting each time. You will see ... More