Old Dominion Freight
www.odfl.com Thomasville, NC 5000+ Employees

They have lost their family atmosphere.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Long Beach, CA

ProsOne of the industry leaders. Not bad pay, the Long Beach facility used to be great until they changed managers. The old manager was the best boss I ever had.

ConsNo employer to employee loyalty. Each facility is run by individual managers and some VP's are not real pleasant to work for. When you get hired you no longer have a name in the system you are a number.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou need to get back to the family atmosphere and not be so money motivated. Remember it is the people who put you where you are.

first job in transporation back in 98

Driver (Current Employee)

I have been working at Old Dominion Freight full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: looks like they have a good business plan , they grew twicefold since i… Cons: no over time paid till after 60 hours, old rail… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Good place to work.

P&D Driver (Current Employee)
    Edwardsville, KS

I have been working at Old Dominion Freight full-time for more than a year

Pros: Good equipment, good pay, good people. The managemant is easy to… Cons: While there are some opportunities to move up in the company there seems to be a long way… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Old Dominion Freight.

Worked for Old Dominion Freight? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Old Dominion Freight reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Old Dominion Freight CEO David S. Congdon. All reviews posted anonymously by Old Dominion Freight employees.