Old Mutual

www.oldmutual.com
  www.oldmutual.com
There are newer employer reviews for Old Mutual

Hard work is its own reward

Current Employee - Actuarial Assistant in Baltimore, MD
Current Employee - Actuarial Assistant in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Old Mutual

Pros

Greater than average diversity. Uniqueness is respected. Flexible working hours and rules. A liberal atmosphere. Comraderie among staff. There is plenty of work to do.

Cons

Layoffs. Twelve hour work days. Uncertainty about the future of the company. Fires to put out everywhere. High attrition rate. This year, bonuses were not given, and raises were given only to a select few.

Give bonuses and raises next year. We have been working hard, and we deserve to be compensated. Invest more in developing junior staff. Don't just toss them into the lake and expect them to swim.

25 Other Employee Reviews for Old Mutual (View Most Recent)

Life at OM

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Old Mutual

Pros

Career development and easy access to senior management

Cons

Very inefficient management. The pay is not competitive and pay raises are scarce. Just recently downsized

Invest more money in finding the right talent to run a tight ship-qualified professionals who will work for the right money; eliminate wasteful spending on overpriced consultants that do a poor job, and greedy MGA's that do not produce enough business.

Great culture, great people.

Current Employee - Research Analyst in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Research Analyst in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Old Mutual full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The CEO is very keen to embed culture throughout the business, and remains actively engaged with employees. The company is very supportive of organic growth and allows employees to continue their development within the firm.

Cons

Management fails to communicate with teams, and as such, fails to understand true underlying issues of their teams. Most areas of the business are kept in a silo, which is counterintuitive as we depend on one another.

Remain actively engaged with your teams. Book bi-weekly meetings to discuss difficulties and challenges, and also sit with your team in the office. I'm unsure why heads of teams are given a prestigious seat miles away from their teams. Many employees are computer illiterate also, which is a slight worry, especially within a business sector responsible for conducting several trades a day and managing large quantities of data.

There are newer employer reviews for Old Mutual