There are newer employer reviews for Old Navy

The Easiest Retail Experience I've Had

Current Employee - Sales Associate Old Navy in Bridgewater, NJ
Current Employee - Sales Associate Old Navy in Bridgewater, NJ

I have been working at Old Navy part-time (less than a year)

Pros

-My management team is very nice, they know the ins and outs of their job and are great teachers/leaders
-Hours
-Discount at GAP (50%)
-Breaks
-You can wear pretty much anything you want to work, but look presentable

Cons

-Trying to get customers to apply for Old Navy Cards. Let's be real, no one wants to apply for a credit card in this terrible economy. Sometimes the managers make up incentives off the top of their heads just to get customers to apply, which I think is wrong. (i.e. we'll have a coupon that has been sent out by e-mail/mail that ANYONE can easily get, but the managers try to get us to get people to apply for cards by using these discounts they could have easily attained without applying for the card)
-Trying to complete your task on time, while trying to assist customers at the same time. Then the managers get mad at you when our customer ratings are down. It's not realistic.
-The clearance section gets slammed, it needs to be better organized!
-One week you'll work like 2 days a week, the next week you'e on schedule to work everyday.
-Trying to find coverage for a shift.
-Getting paid every two weeks. For a college students, this sucks.

No one wants to apply for an Old Navy Card, sorry!

reviews filtered by
  1. Extremely high-paced and never a dull moment."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Old Navy full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Old Navy is focused on our core customers and bringing them product at a great price. I've learned how to multi-task and be flexible as we can quickly turn around events.

Cons

Because we have the ability to turn around events and sales quickly, strategic changes occur very frequently. This can often be viewed as not having a clear and concise strategy.

Work at keeping those on the ground floor engaged , giving them plenty of support with defined roles and responsibilites and a voice to be heard.

2. Service and Training Manager for Old Navy

Current Employee - Service and Training Manager in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Service and Training Manager in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Old Navy full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Love to community envolvement. Able to connect with each associate. Sound policies in place.

Cons

Company sometimes requires us to do crazy/humiliating tasks ie wearing capes, nerd glasses, bizarre hats, etc/

Keep store management in the loop with job openings, promotions and new positions.

There are newer employer reviews for Old Navy