There are newer employer reviews for Old Navy

Good part time job during college

Former Employee - Customer Service Associate in Minot, ND
Former Employee - Customer Service Associate in Minot, ND

I worked at Old Navy part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Worked with my schedule
Care about employees
Good Management

Cons

Boring repetitive work
Not a lot of avenues for advancement

1384 Other Employee Reviews for Old Navy (View Most Recent)

Not ideal as 2nd job

Current Employee - Seasonal Sales Associate in Troy, MI
    Current Employee - Seasonal Sales Associate in Troy, MI

I have been working at Old Navy part-time (less than an year)

Pros

I guess the discount would be the best thing, even though I feel you could get nearly the same just by being a customer. I think ON card holders get a better discount but hey, at least you do get one.

Cons

Not suitable if you have a family and/or a full time job. During orientation, they called me to work with only a days notice. I have kids so it is difficult to make that work on a moments notice. Manager doing orientation had a very poor attitude, and talked in circles. Did not feel she was very professional. Not worth the stress at all if its just a 2nd job for you.

Focus on making employees feel as valuable as you make your customers out to be.

Reasonable expectations for good pay with great benefits and advancement opportunities.

Former Employee - Sales Associate in North Canton, OH
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in North Canton, OH

I worked at Old Navy part-time (more than an year)

Pros

This company offers good pay and opportunities for raises. The benefits for associates are limited to a discount the Gap, Inc. retail stores, but that is still pretty lucrative for part-time employment. Full-time management positions have a lot of interesting benefits, including tuition repayment, healthcare, career advancement, relocation opportunities, and a reasonable amount of vacation time. Store and Executive management works to create a desirable work environment in each store and resolve any problems that may occur.

Cons

Hours are not consistent between retail seasons, but this should be expected due to the nature of the retail business. It's easy to pick up hours during holidays and changes between seasons, but during the slow periods, i.e. after christmas, summer, and fall, it can be harder to get expected or desired hours. Sometimes, fellow employees leave more to be desired due to this being a minimum wage job.

There are newer employer reviews for Old Navy