Old Navy

www.oldnavy.com
  www.oldnavy.com
There are newer employer reviews for Old Navy

Pleasant workplace for low pay

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Charlotte, NC
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Old Navy part-time (more than an year)

Pros

I've worked for Old Navy for about a year and it's been a fairly positive experience. Management is sure to give you breaks on time, and the breaks are longer than in other retail. You get a great discount at all three brands. Environment is generally friendly and upbeat.

Cons

The pay is quite low, close to minimum wage. I've received training to diversify my place at work, but no compensation to match - very disappointed. Like most retail, you have a lot of hours around the holidays, but many Old Navys are also open Thanksgiving Day as well. Hours can be hard to come by and my schedule changes every week.

Reward exemplary employees with more hours and a pay raise.

1489 Other Employee Reviews for Old Navy (View Most Recent)

Good, but not Great

Current Employee - Customer Service/Logistics in Oak Brook, IL
    Current Employee - Customer Service/Logistics in Oak Brook, IL

I have been working at Old Navy part-time (more than an year)

Pros

The environment is great. The associates I get to work with are awesome. They are the only reason I look forward to coming to work.

Cons

Short shifts. Not getting scheduled as often as when I first got hired. Some managers don't think associates know what they are doing, no matter how long they've been with the company. There are points where associates feel they are being talked down to by some of the managers.

Trust the employees you already have. They are always looking for more hours, but yet you go and hire more people. Then those of us who have been with the company for years get the short end of the stick.

Three years.... Not much to say. Go for it if you need a first job to get yourself some experience.

Current Employee - Level II(Sales Associate) in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Current Employee - Level II(Sales Associate) in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at Old Navy part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Simple
    No one gets fired(seasonal people just stop getting scheduled)

Cons

Uninterested management
    No place for advancement
    Little room for substantial raises
    Very little motivation for anything other than Old Navy Card acquisition, which doesn't really benefit associates.

Get into your job. Love it. If you don't love it, quit- and then someone like me can take your position and add some passion to it. Recognize your strong , dedicated associates and USE them. Don't let the people that call out and act sick all the time get more shifts than the motivated associates because you pity them or whatever.

There are newer employer reviews for Old Navy