There are newer employer reviews for Old Navy

A Fun place to work with TONS of opportunity for advancement

Former Employee - Service & Training Manager
Former Employee - Service & Training Manager

I worked at Old Navy full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

No shortage of FUN here! Every day is different, and you get to interact with a wide variety of people. Goals are well-defined and support to reach those goals is at your fingertips. Educational opportunity is un-matched.

Cons

A manager's schedule can be a little tricky to manage with family.

reviews filtered by
  1. absolutely the best

Former Employee - Old Navy Sales Associate in Clearwater, FL
    Former Employee - Old Navy Sales Associate in Clearwater, FL

I worked at Old Navy part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

the greatest group of people I have ever worked with Everyone was like a family.I worked there for three years and it flew by.I only left because we moved away. All mgrs were great and fair and super nice.If there were problems, they always worked it out. No schedule hassles. I miss them

Cons

Wish I could have had more hours. I only had or 3 days a week and need to work a bit more but it was still fun

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

Honestly, one of the worst retail jobs.. is my first and will be my last retail job after this summer!

Current Employee - Old Navy Sales Associate in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Old Navy Sales Associate in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Old Navy part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work duties are pretty common sense and easy
    Co-workers are awesome and very friendly..well at least the young ones

Cons

The 'leaders on duties' treat associates like dogs / slaves
    They are cocky [for no reason], tries so hard to intimidate associates, it just pisses me off even more.
    Horrible hours
    Even if you work hard you will still get negative treatment by the LODs
    Its funny, the 20-30 year old employees are much more childish and obnoxious than the teenagers
    SO MUCH DRAMA, these people gossip all the time
    Associates are pressured to make people sign up for Old Navy cards and if reached our goal it doesn't even benefit us nor get any recognition.
    Its an okay job if you're a high school student / college student, but honestly I recommend you apply at a restaurant and make better pay. This summer I am definitely planning to LEAVE this employer when starting and moving to college.
    With the little breaks we get, LODs are up our booty, if were not back within a sec they'll walkie, "Are you done with your break?" one time i wasn't even done with mine in fact it was 9 minutes only, and coworker told me LOD was complaining how i was 'still on my break'. I was about to snap
    Music is awful, I can sing the lyrics in my sleep.
    LOD does the most little work yet gets paid for it, they will stand at the LOD board doing little easy tasks, fold clothes now and then but associates work harder.
    Overriding items left and right, kissing up to cheap customers, customers complaining about items being 5.49 when it should be 5.39, looking like their about to start a dang riot.
    Only favors the cashiers, ones who get the most old navy credit cards. Luckily I get these once in awhile which may be preventing me from being terminated.
    Horrible at remembering breaks, sometimes i have to remind them over the walkie.
    I am always working weekends, yet its easy for the favorites to be off weekends.
    If I did half of the things these 'favorites' do, I'd be in a little trouble or least corrected. Ex: Allowing them to go to the bathroom, stand around and slack, doesn't even process the cart, calls for backup when theirs only 2 customers in your line!!

Advice to Management

Stop hiring even more employees and start adding more hours for the current employees!
    *edit my ratings, I give senior leadership 1 star
    Stop favoring one employee over the other!!