Old Navy

www.oldnavy.com

4 1/2 years at Old Navy

Manager (Former Employee)

ProsExcellent and thorough policy and procedure training, as well as management training from a handbook perspective. Management training for all positions teaches one how to fully run their own store practically, leaving you with a tremendous set of skills to operate and run a successful store, in almost any retail position.

ConsCompensation and recognition are not distributed in a fair manner. Higher management and those on corporate levels have a higher turnover rate, making it almost impossible to be evaluated for performance in a consistent manner by the same staff. This makes for reviews and compensation for quarterly bonuses mediocre if non-existent.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide higher compensation for those that have stayed loyal and worked within your company rather than giving them the bare minimum and offering higher mid. to maximum to those being hired on. You will find that your manager turnover rate might not be as high if you showed some recognition and praise to those that have given more of their time and effort as opposed to those that fly by night and are handed higher wages with no work to show for it.

A place to grow

Store Manager (Current Employee) New Orleans, LA

I have been working at Old Navy full-time for more than a year

Pros: Able to lead your own business with help of company… Cons: long days and nights if your store is not up… Advice to Senior Management: listen before reacting Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Honestly, one of the worst retail jobs.. is my first and will be my last retail job after this summer!

Old Navy Sales Associate (Current Employee) Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Old Navy part-time for less than a year

Pros: Work duties are pretty common sense and easy Co-workers are awesome… Cons: The 'leaders on duties' treat associates like dogs / slaves They are cocky [for no reason], tries so hard to intimidate associates, it just pisses me… Advice to Senior Management: Stop hiring even more employees and start adding more hours for the current employees! *edit… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Old Navy.

Worked for Old Navy? Contribute to the Community!