There are newer employer reviews for Old Navy

I have always been treated with respect and have always been given the tools needed for advancement.

Current Employee - Service & Training Manager
Current Employee - Service & Training Manager

I have been working at Old Navy full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Work/Life balance. Pay and Benefits are top of the line for retail. Great discount. Family atmosphere storeside.

Cons

Holidays/Weekends/Nights mandatory, as is in all retail. Taking a turn toward less internal advancement and more external recruiting.

Other Employee Reviews for Old Navy

1. Decent pay, flexible hours, fun company

Former Employee - Sales Associate/Cash Handler in Bloomington, MN
    Former Employee - Sales Associate/Cash Handler in Bloomington, MN

I worked at Old Navy part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Old Navy offered reasonable pay based on experience, gave yearly raises, and had flexible scheduling. Good workers are noticed and can move up, if desired. The discount is good across the brand, so Old Navy, Gap, and Banana Republic.

Cons

The work is menial - folding shirts, greeting customers, basic register transactions.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees - get rid of the ones who are causing problems or are unreliable.

2. Okay

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Long Beach, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Long Beach, CA

I worked at Old Navy part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

.Above average pay ( Seasonal was 8.25) .employees were friendly. not clique-y .decent discount, around 20%. i can't remember specifically

Cons

.They push you to try to sell. That means telling everyone the promotions, checking up on customers who already said they don't need help and trying to get them to buy, and if someone looks like they're going to buy something they want you to go and say what they're looking at will go great with something else (ex:those jeans would go great with this top!). this was my biggest issue, when people clearly want to be left alone, they want you to keep pestering them. .even though it was seasonal, i only got a few shifts. probably 3 or 4. they never got around to set me up for their schedule informing system and when i missed a day, i never got a shift after that.

Advice to Management

stop making us try to sell everything to customers who want to be left alone.