Store Employee

Former Employee - Sales Associate/Cash Handler in Green Bay, WI
Former Employee - Sales Associate/Cash Handler in Green Bay, WI

I worked at Old Navy part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun, high energy, great people, great company! I love working retail, and it had been some time since working in a store. I enjoyed coming to work!

Cons

I had to commute over 30 minutes and sometimes the shifts were 4 hours, or were cut shorter, so I ended up paying more in gas when that happened.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Okay

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Long Beach, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Long Beach, CA

I worked at Old Navy part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

.Above average pay ( Seasonal was 8.25) .employees were friendly. not clique-y .decent discount, around 20%. i can't remember specifically

Cons

.They push you to try to sell. That means telling everyone the promotions, checking up on customers who already said they don't need help and trying to get them to buy, and if someone looks like they're going to buy something they want you to go and say what they're looking at will go great with something else (ex:those jeans would go great with this top!). this was my biggest issue, when people clearly want to be left alone, they want you to keep pestering them. .even though it was seasonal, i only got a few shifts. probably 3 or 4. they never got around to set me up for their schedule informing system and when i missed a day, i never got a shift after that.

Advice to Management

stop making us try to sell everything to customers who want to be left alone.

2. Good College Job, But Don't Stick Around

Former Employee - Customer Experience Associate in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Customer Experience Associate in New York, NY

I worked at Old Navy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good for students, they were pretty good about working with my schedule (as long as you work a lot of hours)

Cons

No advancement opportunities Internal politics are silly They're obsessed with Old Navy Cards.

Advice to Management

If you want employees to care about your goals and promotions, give us some incentive. You winning a motorcycle isn't incentive for me to do anything.