Old Navy
3.2 of 5 1,209 reviews
www.oldnavy.com San Francisco, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Okay

Sales Associate (Former Employee)
Long Beach, CA

Pros.Above average pay ( Seasonal was 8.25)
.employees were friendly. not clique-y
.decent discount, around 20%. i can't remember specifically

Cons.They push you to try to sell. That means telling everyone the promotions, checking up on customers who already said they don't need help and trying to get them to buy, and if someone looks like they're going to buy something they want you to go and say what they're looking at will go great with something else (ex:those jeans would go great with this top!). this was my biggest issue, when people clearly want to be left alone, they want you to keep pestering them.
.even though it was seasonal, i only got a few shifts. probably 3 or 4. they never got around to set me up for their schedule informing system and when i missed a day, i never got a shift after that.

Advice to Senior Managementstop making us try to sell everything to customers who want to be left alone.

Lackluster

Sales Associate (Current Employee)
    Albany, NY

I have been working at Old Navy part-time for less than a year

Pros: Nice people, friendly atmosphere with little confrontation. Cons: Bad Training, had to figure out many things on my… Advice to Senior Management: Be willing to teach more. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Cashier

Sales Associate (Former Employee)
    Hanover, MA

I worked at Old Navy part-time for less than a year

Pros: Awesome management. I felt that if I had stayed and worked hard, I could be promoted.… Cons: recite RIDICULOUSLY long special promotion every time you pick up phone so many promotions it's hard to keep track outdated registers unrealistic staffing… Advice to Senior Management: Hire and schedule more staff to help maintain the store! The place was always a dump, even if you had a… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Old Navy.

Worked for Old Navy? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Old Navy reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Old Navy CEO Glenn K. Murphy. All reviews posted anonymously by Old Navy employees.