Old Navy
3.2 of 5 1,207 reviews
www.oldnavy.com San Francisco, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Fun & Friendly Environment, Not Enough Pay

Cash Handler (Current Employee)

ProsOld Navy is an excellent company to work for. Its a fun environment with a lot of fun events. Excellent discounts at Old Navy (25%), Gap (50%), and Banana Republic (50%). Flexible schedule/hours. Can take vacations whenever. You receive little pressure from managers to do certain tasks.

ConsThe one reason why I am unhappy with Old Navy is because of the pay. I have been a part-time employee (Cash Handler) for 4 1/2 years, and I am still not making $8 an hour. I don't show up late, I never call out... i'm pretty much a perfect employee. This was my first and only job I have ever had, so I started out making minimum wage which is probably why I am still not making as much as I like. It stinks because management has no control over your pay, as it is an underlying corporate issue.

Advice to Senior ManagementPLEASE talk to corporate about your employees' pay! Some employees could feel discomfort by asking for a raise... theres probably a lot of other employees besides me that are discouraged by their current pay....

very fun

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Old Navy part-time for less than a year

Pros: I was hired as a seasonal associate, and was only kept for the seasonal period. Overall, this was a very good first job… Cons: I only was kept for the seasonal period and was… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great part time job

Sales Associate (Current Employee)
    San Jose, CA

I have been working at Old Navy part-time for more than a year

Pros: Fun people (variety of employees in terms of age/background), relaxed… Cons: Not likely to move up position wise Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Old Navy.

Worked for Old Navy? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Old Navy reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Old Navy CEO Glenn K. Murphy. All reviews posted anonymously by Old Navy employees.