Fun & Friendly Environment, Not Enough Pay

Current Employee - Cash Handler
Current Employee - Cash Handler

I have been working at Old Navy part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Old Navy is an excellent company to work for. Its a fun environment with a lot of fun events. Excellent discounts at Old Navy (25%), Gap (50%), and Banana Republic (50%). Flexible schedule/hours. Can take vacations whenever. You receive little pressure from managers to do certain tasks.

Cons

The one reason why I am unhappy with Old Navy is because of the pay. I have been a part-time employee (Cash Handler) for 4 1/2 years, and I am still not making $8 an hour. I don't show up late, I never call out... i'm pretty much a perfect employee. This was my first and only job I have ever had, so I started out making minimum wage which is probably why I am still not making as much as I like. It stinks because management has no control over your pay, as it is an underlying corporate issue.

Advice to Management

PLEASE talk to corporate about your employees' pay! Some employees could feel discomfort by asking for a raise... theres probably a lot of other employees besides me that are discouraged by their current pay....

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. very fun

I worked at Old Navy part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I was hired as a seasonal associate, and was only kept for the seasonal period.
    Overall, this was a very good first job in retail. The hours were very manageable and were easy to balance with school and other activities. Everyone I met was very helpful.

Cons

I only was kept for the seasonal period and was never trained on the registers.

2. Great part time job

Current Employee - Sales Associate in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Old Navy part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun people (variety of employees in terms of age/background), relaxed vibe, incredibly flexible schedule, GREAT employee discount

Cons

Not likely to move up position wise