Old Navy
3.1 of 5 1,078 reviews
www.oldnavy.com San Francisco, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Seasonal employee, long hours, forgot to lay me off .

Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee)
Valencia, CA

I worked at Old Navy part-time for less than a year

ProsLots of hours. Seasonal employment was good for getting my foot in the door for other jobs. Good employee discount for Old Navy, Gap, and Banana Republic.

ConsSpent many nights recovering store until 3AM, even the night before finals. Unrealistic expectations for clean up after holidays. Many employees had to find shortcuts around fixing everything up. Typical management favoritism. Forgot to give me an end of the season lay off letter. Didn't know I didn't work there anymore until I stopped being scheduled. Awkward because Old Navy isn't even an ex-boyfriend.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrain better. Don't assign just one person to two different departments and expect everything to get done. Treat all employees equally and not as disposable because they are seasonal.

Needs Work

Merchandising Specialist (Current Employee)

I have been working at Old Navy part-time for more than a year

Pros: I love the environment of my team and the people I get to work with. I love customer service… Cons: I am not getting paid what I am worth for the work that I do. And diligent hard work is rarely noticed. The company… Advice to Senior Management: Be more positively reinforcing, pay what your employees are worth. Make working… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

It was wonderful while it lasted; good job while finishing up undergraduate degree.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Old Navy part-time

Pros: Discount on clothes are always good. Cons: Very long hours that don't match the pay Advice to Senior Management: Model to employees that you can also get customers to… More

There are newer reviews on Old Navy.

Worked for Old Navy? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Old Navy reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Old Navy CEO Glenn K. Murphy. All reviews posted anonymously by Old Navy employees.