Old Navy

www.oldnavy.com
  www.oldnavy.com
There are newer employer reviews for Old Navy

I have a love hate relationship with old navy

Current Employee - Operations Manager in Houston, TX
Current Employee - Operations Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Old Navy full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

I love the environment and the benefits. I have worked under some great managers and the company believes in lots of training and guidance

Cons

I've worked for about eight years with the company ( started in California, transferred to Indiana and now i live in Texas). The Houston market has the hardest shoppers of the three and the job is now more stressful then it is fun. There isn't really a work life balance and the company now seems to want to do more with less...

1454 Other Employee Reviews for Old Navy (View Most Recent)

Part Time at Old Navy

Former Employee - Sales Associate
    Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at Old Navy part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Liked the management, really well organized and had a very good team feel.

Cons

Hours were very inconsistent, and closing a store can be extremely frustrating because of the volume of clothing that needs to be refolded, restocked, and put out on the shelves.

No Training for Management

Former Employee - Manager
    Former Employee - Manager

I worked at Old Navy full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Employee Discount Across Brands. Fun co-workers.

Cons

No training for management. I was a manager hired externally. I was told that I would be training with the previous manager in my position and that I would be sent to other stores to shadow/train with managers from different stores. Neither of which ever happened. I had the same amount of training as sellebrities and none for my position at all which was a grade 7 manager.

Never had a real review or touch base. Sat down with the store manager two weeks in and never had any feedback about my performance until 6 months later when I had the shape up or ship out talk, during which the store manager compared me to a disgusting human being, insisted that I didn't make connections with sellebrities and that my team member didn't think I wanted to work with her. All of which were not the truth. They told me that I don't fit with old navy, but I had the most ONC's month to date and quarter to date and 2nd most ONC's for the year even though I didn't even start halfway through the first quarter. I also had more positive call outs in the customer survey that most employees in the store.They basically tried to get me to quit by scheduling me 4 days of closing a week. Never gave me the office time I needed to get my things done. After that talk, I had tried extremely hard to completely change and do exactly what they wanted and never heard any feed back at all.

The store manager sat in the office all day and never got any of his work done, The schedule would be days late and he never had a touch base or review with any sellebrity. His is really fake and lies a lot and I am sure that is the only way he still has a job. 3 of the 8 managers quit in a months time and it was not a coincidence.

I was warned of this before I started and was stupid for thinking it would be better for me.

Selling ugly unfashionable clothes to rude customers gets old fast. If you know anything about fashion or have any style at all please find a company that will embrace that. If you like looking like a low class soccer mom than Old Navy could be for you!

Value your sellebrities and your team, give them feedback and listen to their feedback about you. Implement training for managers. The sellebrites now have a great training program in place; improve the training for your leadership team.

There are newer employer reviews for Old Navy